Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Trying to understand

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent Zappe
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You know I read this and I see that I am not the only person who dose this. Back when I was young and lived in a very big town I had tried dating girls. I did good if they did not come to my house I say. It was clean and very nice but the fact is I had tractor stuff all over the place. for years I had put like a dash to the JD 70 Diesel tractor in the living room all painted up look great. I even had converted a hay cart over to be a full sized bed in my room. I had a truck step side bed in my guest room made in to a full size bed. Girls hated it but man I liked it. When I sold my house and moved I had a yard sale man I sold every thing I made and guess what I had made a lot of money for it. I did not know I was before my it on this stuff. Yes that is right I am old now and still single ladies missed out on a good person like me.

parisspringstom
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My projects get no further than the utility room by the back door. My office planned when the house was built but I constantly have to defend from being a catchall of things from other rooms. As long as she leaves the shop alone its okay.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I must admit my wife puts up with a lot. Parts new and old oils, the chainsaw and more loose bolts from my pockets and such. Never really complains though I know she would like for me to not bring these things in and not have them leave for day/weeks at a time. Though I have never tried some of the things you guys write about like carb cleaning in her rot pot or using the oven to heat pats. I did use moms oven to heat a couple of bearings to put on once though.
All in all she is a good egg about things like that. She even lets me help with canning. I do get my share of pies too.

sms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine has a nose like a bloodhound and allergies. I am lucky if I make it in the house if I smell like gas or oil or many other things. My shop is a couple miles away so parts do not migrate.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bake them too. I have my cat crew and the only cra...p they give me is in the litter box. Snuggle up in bed and purr me to sleep.

cjunrau
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an opinion, but don?t we all. Just think of it as if she came into your work area and started mixing cake or bread and got flour and sugar all over your ready to assemble transmission or engine parts. I don?t think you would be very happy to have to clean it all up again before assembly. You need to move a part office in the garage or barn Where almost all the paper work gets done till it is filed for good. One must look at it from the women?s point of veins sometimes.

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Mom had this "BOX". She always told us that if we left anything out, it would go in her "BOX" and we would NEVER see it again. We never saw anything we left out, clothes, toys,shoes,etc. Our whole life we lived in fear of leaving something out and never seeing it again.

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My shop is several hundred yards from the house, so I normally don't have a problem with intermix.

On the other hand, my father was only marginally housebroken, and I recall him doing some serious maintenance on a chain saw in the kitchen one winter evening, including starting it up.

My mother, bless her heart, just shrugged it off. I guess she got conditioned to it after a while.

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I get the same thing and I have a walk-out basement, so nothing ever gets to the kitchen. But I still hear about the "stink" (gas, diesel, other solvents) even in the basement. I started using Purple Power to degrease winter projects but I have to scrub out the laundry tub after the hot rinse. It's really no different than the toilet seat issue.

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ellis, I think it's right smart of you (or her) to choose a black countertop that will not show the grease.

I have, in the past, found tractor parts in my bedroom top dresser drawer, lying right on top of my tighty whiteys. I did not put them there.

Oliver 500 Wa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I was fixing her vacuum or some other appliance, I could do it on the kitchen table and she would not even raise an eyebrow. A tractor or car part and holy smokes would that raise her hackles:).

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dont worry about it Ellis,,,the new husband will keep the counter clean,,you will have to work on the tailgate of the pickup..thats all you will own,,lol,,,,you cant mess up the cab of the pickup..that will be were you will have to sleep.....lol

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife and I are still living in two houses together. Some nights her house, some nights mine. When I get this addition finished she will finally move in here
It does allow me a little leeway about what I can have in my house here.
We have an unfinished bedroom on the back end of the house. I use it for storage and a semi heated work shop.
Two weekends ago I wanted to put the tires back on my freshly painted rims but they were outside in the cold and snow. So I brought the tires in to the kitchen to warm them up a bit and well, it's a good thing she didn't decide to stop by then.

Kansasredneck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

....John Deere green and yellow over-spray on our rustic concrete basement walls (a heinous crime committed.....
Easily covered with Farmall Red.

Kansasredneck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My second wife had a habit of taking anything I left in the kitchen and putting it in a drawer she'd reserved.
I looked in there the other day. it appears wife #3 has picked up that habit as well.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters