Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonNelson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have what I believe is a Case 530 AG (no serial number) with a model 31 backhoe (#4041946) and model 31 loader (#4048518). So beginner mistake I loaded a large rock in hoe and panicked when swinging downhill and managed to break the trunnion socket on the swing cylinder. You can see the damage in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyQIlXK0aQ at 6:30 minutes. So is that piece available? Do I need to replace the complete cylinder? Where would I find the trunnion socket or cylinder (part #D25025 or D27750). Do cylinders from a model 32 fit? Is this totally operator error or is there something I need to adjust. Thanks Ron

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks to me as all you need is the cap part # D25932,doing a search with that number I found one on Machinery Trader, there are no details but go to the link below and you will get the phone number,Coleman equipment has the seal kit ($77) and a new cylinder assembly ($1,770),if you can get the cap, to change it I would remove the hydraulic lines, the four bolts that holds the cylinder to the cap, pull off the cylinder barrel, remove the nut that holds the piston to the rod, remove the piston then remove the cap, fit new seals to the replacement cap and push it on to the rod and secure it in place, put on the piston and tighten up the nut, put some oil over the seals and push the barrel back on and secure everything, the seal kit # is D30139.
Good luck
AJ
Machinery Trader

RonNelson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank-you AJ. When I look at the parts break down https://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr56442ar318768 for the model 31, it looks like I have SWING AND STABILIZER CYLINDER HYDRAULICS (LATE PRODUCTION). That shows part number D27750. The details link says "This product has been superceded" by part number G32790. Will the cap part #D25932 also work? The casting number on my cylinder is grounded out and all I can read is R2. I will have to check the other cylinder to see if it has a readable number.

Other than become a better operator are there any modifications I can do to protect these cylinders? Has anyone changed the foot lever to joystick? Anyway to add stops?
Ron

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bring up the 31 backhoe again and go to Fig 90 for a brake down of the swing cylinder only.
AJ

RonNelson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unfortunately the D25932 part on Machinery Tractor is for some fuel gasket. No luck on Model 31 cap or cylinder, so I welded back together. See how long this fix will work while I keep looking. Thank you AJ for you help.

TGP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take a piece of strap steel and wrap it around your welded boss,
To reinforce your repair, and burn that on.
Tom

RonNelson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TGP wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:50:33 05/24/1Cool Take a piece of strap steel and wrap it around your welded boss,
To reinforce your repair, and burn that on.
Tom
Thank-you for the suggestion.

rachaeleverly
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Broke Swing Cylinder Model 31 backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great idea really love it thanks Smile

https://equipsellsit.com

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters