Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall H Rear Steel on ZTU?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Christopherson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Farmall H Rear Steel on ZTU? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello all! I have a question for you. I found a post in the archives where a fella put some F12/14 rear cutoffs on his ZTU... There was some discrepancy listed in the post (Link included below) as to whether or not the swap was attainable. The axles on a ZTU are 2 1/2", and I believe are the same on the IH H. F12/14 axles are 2 5/8", I believe, and are also double-keyed.

Question is, I have a guy just up the road from me with a set of IH H rear steel that I can pick up, and since the rear rims on my ZTU are too far rotted to save, I figured this would be a good temporary fix (plus they actually look pretty neat). Besides that, I also have a '42 IH H that came on steel from the factory that I could return to steel if I ever had the desire. Essentially, these would be a good fit (if they fit) to get me by for a while - as I could probably go for a rear tire replacement on the ZTU as well.. So rims and tires for that tractor, easily, will put me over $1500... Where, I can get these steel wheels for a mere fraction of that.

Anyone have any thoughts or info on this? I plan on measuring my H and ZTU axles when I get home from work in the morning, but just thought I would pick everyone's brain on the subject.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Original ZTU F12/14 Steel Cutoff Post

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall H Rear Steel on ZTU? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't tell you which farmall wheel fits, but I have seen a ZA on Farmall rear steel wheels and have seen pictures of two or three others. Since you know where a set is, measure them and measure your axle.

MIKE FRENCH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall H Rear Steel on ZTU? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes H steel will fit your axle, only thing is the H steel doesnt have as thick of key but will work

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters