Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

5000 power steering part number

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnofnewhaven
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: 5000 power steering part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 1974 5000 diesel has a Plessey power
steering pump. The part number is
C9NN3K514E. I am not really finding
that pump anywhere. Finding many that
say it will fit a 5000. Priced from
about $250 to $1000. Can anyone tell me
what a GOOD replacement pump would be
and a part number?

shaun wallace
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: 5000 power steering part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All the numbers found stamped or cast on any product that Ford made are enginning numbers.They denote what era and year and what used on.

IanC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: 5000 power steering part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

3K514 is the base p/n for a power steering pump. I used the online parts catalog to look up the part numbers. An old paper catalog may have yet another number. If you have a 5000 utility the OEM p/n is E6NN3K524EA99M which subs to new style number 87759440 1100 psi and 2.74 gpm. If you have a row crop (5200) then pump is D6NN3K514A which subs up to E6NN3K514LA 1100 psi and 3.5 gpm. I looked at the pump this site offers and it does bot match any of these numbers, nor does it list the specs. The gear and mount are all the same the difference are in the gpm, relief pressure, outlet position and type, and return fitting type. Call tech support for the parts portion of this site and have them give you the specs and see if the fittings match yours.

johnofnewhaven
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: 5000 power steering part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. My 5000 is a 1974 diesel utility. Not a row crop.

ed1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: 5000 power steering part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 74 5000D, went through the same thing! Pump from NH was 1100.00, 200.00 on eBay and all over the place everywhere else.I have rebuilt it 2 times over 4 years and so far it is working good. Next time I would like to find a good quality pump at a reasonable price. Good luck,ed1

Jacob59
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: 5000 power steering part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just replaced my pump with a new one. It came off a 4600. Gear pump. Let me know if it will work on your tractor. I have a new seal kit also.
Jack

johnofnewhaven
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: 5000 power steering part number Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Jack. It might. What I need is a part that is inside. My email is should be open.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters