Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

brake controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crew chief
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: brake controller Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the best ? I have a drawtite iq, don't like it think I go with activator 4

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: brake controller Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have switched two trucks over to the "Tekonsha 90885 Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control" I really like how these work. You can choose how aggressive and how hard it brakes. It is motion activated. I can also set it for electric over hydraulic brakes too. My oldest one is three years old and works well.

The one your looking at is a timed style of controller. I dislike those with a passion. When you go from empty to loaded or vice versa you either have locked brakes of not brakes at all. You have to mess with it all of the time to have the brakes half way working.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: brake controller Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have used a Pilot by Reese for 6 years in my pickup and like it and just put one in my F 450 super Duty.

DR. EVIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: brake controller Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with JD Seller, Prodigy is the best. Just as simple as "Plug and Play" in my '96 F-250 with
towing package. Bought the correct $15 harness and total install took TWO minutes. Need more brakes turn
up the power, brakes lock when empty, turn down the power. Never heard Anyone say a bad thing about a
Prodigy.

Most new trucks come with a factory built-in brake controller now.

snoopnc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: brake controller Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Years ago ? like 18 - 20 ? I had an ON / OFF switch in the power line to controller. That sure saved a lot of aggravating fiddling around turning brakes down when empty !!

MSS3020
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: brake controller Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AGREE... Big time.. I have gone through three "cheaper" models still have one in the 72 chevy which is semi retired.. My 250 I have the prodogy.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT...

T in NE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: brake controller Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the numeric indicator on the
controller. Pull the trailer a time or two
and the numbers make getting the right
setting again easy.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters