Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What is this, and what does it do?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougieD
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've looked in my service manual and my operator's manual, and can't find anything about this. What is this? At first I thought Paul Bunyan comb, but now I'm thinking no. And what does it do? And where should I put it? Thanks.

Charlie M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe that adjusted the 2 point hitch on the 300, 350, 400, 450 tractors but I'm not sure exactly what it adjusted. I think it moved the hitch for traction control but maybe draft for mounted plows. I'm
sure there are others that won't be guessing.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is what they called a TRACTION BOOSTER and some what of a draft control . You use it when pulling a fast hitch implement and it transfers the draft to add more of the pulling weight to the rear tires , For normal use you set it down to the last notch. If you notice you have tomuch wheel slip then you start to bring it up a notch at a time till you get the desired traction . When i had my 450D and pulling the semi mounts i usually ran it around two notches from the top or up possession , now one musdt watch as in hilol country she will lift the ft. easy going up the hills .

DougieD
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Imsee. Thanks. So the higher the handle, the more traction.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You got lucky this time but next time please include the model of tractor that you're asking about.

It may still be useful in this case. The reason your manual may not go into the operation of the traction/draft control lever is because the hitch may not belong on that tractor. There were multiple designs for the fast hitch during the short time it was produced. Tractors made in 54-56 had a different style from tractors made in 57-62, and it changed yet again in 63.

Mark (EC,IN)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the reason you didn't find it in the tractors operators manual is that it had a
manual of its own.

Eastsider
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you have an extra one, they make a great custom anchor handle for a river anchor!

DougieD
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this, and what does it do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to know!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters