Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UsernameChanged
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Want to know the pros and cons of these welders been looking at a champion elite at tractor supply but it’s only dc current, found one only that was both ac/dc but it was no longer available. Want to hear about these welder and how to test these machine to make sure if they work generator load especially.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Buy a Lincoln. I have owned at least 10 engine drives over the years and I prefer Lincoln. A Ranger 250 has 10,000 watt aux. I run TIG and MIG on it also. I have had problems out of every miller I have ever owned. Hobart is just a name. Go to a reputable welding supply to buy a welder, not a store that sells horse feed.

JamesJTX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can go to a welder supply and get one if you can afford it plus you get a warranty, everybody has there favorite so all I can say is mine is Miller and finally was able to buy a new Bobcat 225, 11000 watt generator. Will say here in Texas came a little over 3800.00 and well worth it, fantastic machine .

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before someone says Miller and Hobart are the same welder(they are are not) By a Miller or a Lincoln,you will be glad you did. When you need parts or a new lead,do not be surprised when the welding store is not too happy to see you. Then they spend the next 30 min looking for parts that only come in box store welders.

DoubleO7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobart and Miller are both owned by the same parent company.
Hobart is the "consumer/homeowner/seldom used" line.
Miller is the "commercial/business/manufacturing/often used" line.

gmcdeadhead
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lincoln would be my choice , i own three of them

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back when I was a heavy equipment mechanic for 15 years I had the same Miller Bobcat on my service truck. Mounted on top of service bed, never covered from whatever mother nature threw at it all those years. Only repainted it, and put new decals on it twice, I'd get a Miller Bobcat over a Lincoln Ranger. The few Lincoln Rangers we had on service trucks were newer than the Miller Bobcats, but didn't last so they were replaced with Millers.

RM-MN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What and where and how much welding you plan to do has to come into this decision. If you never go to a remote location to weld or seldom do so then spending the money on either machine is a waste. You may be much father ahead to hire someone if the welding requirement is seldom at a location without power.

I have a 220 volt welder that is AC/DC. It hasn't been turned to AC in years.

johnlobb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have never liked welding with any Hobart I have ever used. They put meaning into "stick" rod...Hard starting..

IanC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are dead set on getting a self powered welder find a Lincoln SA-200 they are worth whatever extra you have to pay.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe he?d like to power the house during a power outage to

UsernameChanged
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hobart champion welder and miller bob car welders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep that’s why I bought the Hobart

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters