Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If You were to visit old posts made 20 years ago in the archives and compare them to the sort of questions and comments of today ,You would come to the same conclusion ,and it is no different in my neighborhood. I just came in from a exasperating day loading hay with knumbskulls. We had 4 wagons and trailers to load , ONLY loaded 3 And I paid every one Off and sent them home . 2 of the so Called help got in to a piz;n match over stupid stuff.WHAT is WRong with people and what in the world is being taught to them in schools these days ? . You have to tell them to make every move. and no one has common sense . They Act like Zombie machines that are out of adjustment.How hard can picking up hay be ?

Dave Sherburne, NY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have to put the instructions on their cell phones

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very true. Shoot now days if it was not for the computer cash registers the kids behind them could not give you charge in a store.

wilson ind
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If no one knows nothing them someone must know something

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Near Omaha today started at a sticky 80F and warmed up to 96F with an 108F heat index by early afternoon. Picking a fight would probably be smarter than picking hay bales off the ground for the rest of the day in the hot sun. If they loaded 3 before quitting today, maybe you can you get them back in the morning to finish the last load before it gets too hot? Here rain is forecast for Friday PM.

John Saeli
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ol'e Gent: Yes, America is dumbing down. 2 weeks ago a TV preacher was talking about this very same thing, he even presented facts, "I-Q" numbers verifying his statement, "America is dumbing down". If anyone doesn't believe it, go to an automotive or machinery parts counter.

Dutchman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OLD ,
I have to agree with you 100% ... the other day I got some items and it came up .. like
11.02 ... so I gave the gal a 20.oo and 2 cents .. she could not figure out WHY I gave her
2 cents ..
I told her I didn't want a bunch of changes .. I even told her she owes me 9 dollars ..
she called the manager over ...
I just shook my head , when the manager gave me 9 dollars ...

Where are things going ??

......... mark

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the way the rest of the world see's us. Just look what our commander and chief has been up to.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, I have to disagree with you a bit. I have a young man helping me this summer he is 14 years old. He loves anything that is mechanical and requires very little explanation to operate my equipment. He is spending the summer at his grand parents house which is about a mile from my house. I dug out my 300RN which hadn't been run for 2 years and we rebuilt the carb, him doing the wrenching under my guidance and we got it running. He lacks a little lead in his butt, and couldn't push the brake peddles hard enough to stop it with a load of wood behind so I handed him the wrenches and told him we were going to fix the breaks. He jumped rite in and he now knows how to make old glazed brakes work again. I did take my rotary die grinder to the ramps that the actuator balls ride up on and gave them more taper, so the pedals require less pressure apply the brakes.
We also have his Dads SC in my shop and he is working on that to get it running and parade worthy this summer. I spent no more than 10 mins. explaining to him how to drive my 831C and he mastered it. He even drove it to our local 4th of July parade and drove it in the parade.
He works with me in the woods splitting and loading fire wood and he is constantly working without being told what to do.
I have really had to work hard to stay ahead of him. He is pooping me out.
Loren

kenbob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a Chizzle in his hand? I guess he does know how to work on old Case tractors! Ha!

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

Part of it is not enough farm kids anymore. If you go to the local O'Reilly's you want Dean, the farm kid and Chevy nut to wait on you. Loren is right, there are still some great youngsters, just not as many as the old days. Don

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope that was her first day, because i always try to pay the odd cents too, in a transaction.but never had anyone not understand it.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-John Saeli wrote:

If anyone doesn't believe it, go to an automotive or machinery parts counter.

HOPEFULLY, it's a little better on the "machinery" side of things, but for what the poor saps at the counter of the typical chain auto parts store get paid WHY would anyone with half a brain want to work there?

And, they DON'T.

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Guys for your empathy, And Hooray to Loren and others that are doing their best to teach our young and restore Hope.in all honesty ,It must have been hotter than any of us thought today.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: No One Know Nothing anymore !Dumb America Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've run into cases where you give them say a 20 and then you give them the rest of the change and they say they cannot do it that way because they already entered the 20 in. But the real sad thing is it is not just the young ones but many of the older ones seem to have been dumbed down. Here is an example I pulled a while back. I asked a few people behind the counters this simple question. I gave the person at the bank 2400 pictures of Lincoln and asked for a picture of Jefferson and 4 pictures of Washington so what was I giving and what was I getting when it came to coins and bills

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters