Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 5000 hydraulic issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dpierce
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Ford 5000 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since getting this tractor running I have discovered a few hydraulic issues. I have studied the shop manual over fairly good and could see all that I was hoping to find. It looks that everything on the back of the tractor is hydraulically controlled including the PTO in and dis gauging. My lift arms are stuck in the down position and don't respond to the lever but the hoses on the auxiliary do jump when the lever is pulled. The selector knob was stuck in which should've be for the lift arms. I did get the selector knob working free but it still doesn't seem to change anything. The PTO also won't disengage nor does the draft control seem to operate. I'm thinking this is all tied to the selector knob. The flow control is turned all the way counter clockwise but doesn't change anything either. There is another knob under the seat on the auxiliary hydraulic but it looks to only pertain to just it. It also has a linkage off that I can't seem to find a place for. I have included a picture of what I have. I was also wondering were the knobs for the flow control and selector can be bought since these are both broken. The red circle is where oil blurps out when the lift lever is held up or down to long.the 2nd pic is the missing linkage. I haven't been able to find a good picture of where they should be or go. I do know the rod hanging loose in the 2nd pic is for the brakes

shaun wallace
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First pic green circle is flow control. First pic blue circle is auxiliary service missing yoke , has lever to acuate it, may be linkage in pic 2 parts. Pic 1 red circle is where oil comes up from pump to lift cyl. Early 5000s used square section oring. It has shrunk so it seeps thru gasket. Parts for 5200 may be little harder to locate than AP 5000s

Dpierce
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the auxiliary service blue circle was a knob that pushed and pulls. It said selector pull on it. I broke it trying to get it to pull out. It doesn't have a place for any linkage. I do have the rod that goes in the hole on picture 2 it has a piece that would clamp on to a shaft at the end of it but I see no place on the tractor for it to connect to. Can't seem to find a good diagram of a row crop models set up. The previous owner said the arms got stuck before and it was just a pressure relief valve was stuck.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters