Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

help with carburetor ID

View previous topic :: View next topic  
esva 8N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: help with carburetor ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1974 2000 3 cyl gas. Getting poor gas flow out of the carb bottom after a couple minutes running but good going into it so I'm thinking it's time for a cleaning and maybe a
rebuild. Tried the gentle tapping with a hammer handle and that doesn't help so I don't think it's just a stuck float. Even if that does turn out to be the problem i'll still need to get in
there to clean it up and perhaps install a new float.

My problem is I can't identify the exact carb model I have. I pulled it off and it is a zenith proudly made in the usa as stated on the side, but for the life of me I can't see any other info on
what exactly it is. I haven't opened it up yet so maybe there is some info inside but in any case, does anybody have any useful info? I haven't done any google research yet so if it's
something easy such as they only made one model I apologize for not doing my homework first. Thanks.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: help with carburetor ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The original carb for a 3 cylinder 2000 would have been a Holley. But after a certain point Ford spec'd a Zenith as the replacement if the carb ever needed to be replaced. The Ford part number for the Zenith replacement carb is E1NN9510DA, but I couldn't tell you what Zenith model number that might be. There are probably a couple of different Zenith models that would work, so yours may be a different one than the one that Ford originally spec'd for the replacement to the Holley.

esva 8N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: help with carburetor ID Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, that helps a lot. It looks like the same rebuild kit works for a bunch of the zenith's so the one I ordered should work. Thanks again for the quick help!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters