Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I just purchased a double spinner chaff spreader ,used, for my TR98 NH combine. Has anyone ever plumbed one in by themselves?Is it much of a job and do they spread evenly?Can it be driven by the main hydraulic pump back by the engine?I am hesitant to use the reel pump because I am already tapped into it for the bin auger extension.Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The majority of them use the reel drive pump because you can vary the speed easily with them. If you try and hook it to the main hydraulic pump you will need a flow valve to control the speed. You also run the risk of making other things not work correctly as the chaff spreader is taking oil flow.

dbock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a tr98 with a chaff spreader on it.
When we got it was hooked up in series
through the reel pump drive. The problem
with the way they had it hooked up was that
if we were harvesting soybeans and using
the auto reel speed, the spreader would
slow or stop completely if we needed to
back up causing it to possibly plug the
machine. We replumbed it to go through the
spreader before it to the reel speed
control valve, so it runs all the time. We
have a separate flow control valve to
control the speed of the spreader. Had a
tr86 we also had to do this on. We were
going to put a Hydraulic bin auger
extension on it but haven't gotten around
to it yet, but the instructions show going
through it, the spreader and the reel
control valve. Our tr98 has a tr99 bubble
up on it so it is all mechanically driven.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dbock. Has good information. I forgot to mention that the chaff spreader really does not require a lot of power. So when hooked in series it will not effect the other systems that much if you get them installed in the proper order hydraulically.

Milk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you plumb the spreader by using the pressure hose for the reel speed where it plugs in hydraulically on the left side,or the return hose? Sounds like it's pretty easy to make a mistake, plumb it wrong!!Thanks for all the responses!!

dbock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will try to take a picture of it this weekend. It wasn't that complicated. Just a couple of fittings. I will also see if I can find my notes on the fitting sizes.

Milk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that would be great!! I got the chaff spreader mounted today. Might be a problem though sharing oil with a reel and a binfil auger!! Hope not

dbock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think you would have a problem but I would be checking to see how hot the oil is getting.

By the way, did you figure anything out on your beater. Ours is doing the same thing. We tried to adjust it but I think we're going to have to pull it out and possibly work it over.

Milk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think that the beater is worn past the point of no return!I have moved the grate up almost all the way, doesn't help much, only happens when bean straw is extremely dry, otherwise works ok. I have heard that there is a company in North Dakota that makes a more aggressive beater to replace original,it looks like a bear to remove old beater though!

dbock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of the setup on our TR98. There is a steel line running from the pump to the front of the reel speed control valve. At the end of that line there is a fitting. We took that fitting out of the valve to the local farm store and found the fittings we needed. I believe it is an SAE O-ring size 12 because we couldn't match the flared end for the steel line. So, we went from the steel line back to the spreader control valve and then from the spreader control valve back to the reel control valve.

I think I found the beater you were talking about online. I might have to check into it sometime.

Milk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the pictures, that's going to help me more than just directions. I found a replacement beater from a company in North Dakota. Great informative!

dbock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How much was the replacement beater and what company was it?

Milk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

precision farm parts inc. Go to their website, located in North Dakota. Haven't gotten a price yet but looks like a good fit!

Milk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello JD SELLER,
Just what would be the proper order of hooking a bin fill auger in series with a chaff spreader?All being powered by the reel pump. I want to be sure that I power up hydraulically first what is supposed to be powered up first. Thanks so much for the reply!!

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TR98 NH COMBINE CHAFF SPREADER INSTALL Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You would want the chaff spreader in front of the reel drive. The way you do it on the JD combines is the chaff spreader runs a set speed. So that demand remains constant. The your reel speed can vary without effect the chaff spreader.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters