Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Did I tell you I don't like cats

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it does occur. recently had two pups showed up, nice dogs but could not keep them. did pay the $75 adoption fees at the animal shelter to better ensure their adoptability.

Philip d
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last picture the little guy has leopard spots he can come live in our barn Smile

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any cat that needs to be fed either lives in town or is not worth having. LOL!!!!

I brought home a calico years ago in a feed sack.
They come and they go.
Think we are down to 5 or 6 this year.
They get fed about once a week to get them to stay around.
Bet we have had over 50 of them over the years and could not get within 10 feet of most of them.

Wheat47
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cats don't have owners.....they have staff!!

JerryS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Report back in about a month and update us on those "outside" cats.

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keep them around long enough and they become "attached" to you.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

James,even though you were a football star,if all your dogs jump on your back,,your going down,,,lol

RobCons
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look to your local humane society for the fixing. Ours has a low cost program for about $20 per cat I think. It is not much compared to vet cost.

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two or three of our dogs, (Tailer, Charlie, Sugar) play chase and sometime "clip" my from behind and I go down.

No big deal until they all start thinking DOG PILE!

Jegs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice cats, best rodent control around, we have 3 barn cats, 3 shop cats and 3 in the house! Speaking of spay/neuter check to see if you have an organization around you called kinder kuts (I think that's how you spell it) it's a non-profit I think that fixes outdoor or farm cats for about $30 bucks a cat. Thats who did all of ours, can't beat that price.

RedMF40
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Did I tell you I don't like cats Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cat lover here, have two of them in the house—also allowed to roam outside. We’ve always had cats in the family.

The orange tabby was recently abandoned by tenants who moved out of their apartment and left him alone in the empty place. I replied to an online ad because our striped tabby was lonely after losing her longtime friend. She wanted another cat.

What an ordeal! I went to the apt complex with our cat carrier, found Elbe in a live trap the maintenance people had lured him into. Of course he bolted when I tried to transfer him—found a hole he knew about, ran behind a wall in the maintenance shop. Stayed there for a week. No intention of coming out. Ever.

I told the maintenance people to keep me posted, drove the 45 minutes back home. Finally got the call that Elbe (LB—for “Left Behind” was back in the live trap. This was a week later. I got there as quickly as possible, told the guys I’d just take the trap with the cat inside and return the trap asap.

Once home, our striped tabby Tabitha was overjoyed to see a new whiskered friend. Elbe was less than pleased about being knocked around, kidnapped and taken someplace unfamiliar. But he was young, he’d get over it. For a time he hid in the basement, but actually came out when I called him. Fast-fwd to today: Elbe and Tabitha chase each other around, play tag, ambush each other, and generally accept each other as friends.

He is ok with those of us in the family, but terrified if a visitor comes. He runs and hides. Was probably traumatized by his experience with the previous owners and being unceremoniously relocated. He likes it here.

For the cat fees: $200+ is too much. We called around, asked first at the local SPCA about getting our male cat Elbe fixed. Explained that he was a rescue. Someone there gave me a contact number for a place that did nothing but spaying and neutering and whatever shots were needed. Made an appt. and Elbe was in and out in one day. $55 for neutering and rabies shot. There may be a similar clinic in your area.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters