Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Floods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Sherburne, NY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All day yesterday we were getting texts from the weather bureau warning us Flash Floods were imminent. All day yesterday the National Weather Service on their internet website kept telling us we would get up to a tenth of an inch. I kept watch of the stream out back and it never got higher than 8" below it's banks' The River depth a mile away got up to 7.22 feet. It's down to 6.5 feet and going down.Flood stage is about8.5 At 2 am I moved 3 vehicles to higher ground and went to bed, and woke up to a nice sunny day. I'm gonna go mow the church lawn now. We have had 3 floods since we moved here, no damage just pumping a lot of water out of the cellar. we don't keep anything down there. Sometimes I'm glad the weather service is wrong. Some areas around the county were hit hard but we slipped by. The amount of flooding depends on how much rain they get upstream from us. Pictures are from 2008 flood when the water was running down main street in town.

Part Time Pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We were under watches up my way, but it wasn't bad. I heard Binghamton got it pretty good
Pete

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chcek out fingelakesdailynews.com for pictures of the devastation around Lodi NY.

Charlie M
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm just west of Rochester and maybe an hour drive from Lodi and all we got was 0.4 inches. I would have loved to have gotten some of that rain but no one needs that much all at once. We are just barely past bone dry at my place.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

better to be warned than not warned.

mtny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Southern Chemung county here , numerous flash floods . We've had 18 " of rain in about 4 weeks . Two days ago Bradford county Pa was hit hard.

sms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We were lucky also, not bad here. Living on a side hill does have some advantages.

Grandpa's Fords
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

20 miles south of Binghamton in Montrose Pa., this was Tuesday morning much worse Wednesday morning. I don't think I can fix it with the 8n this time. The river in the middle was our driveway and the water at the top of the picture was a 2 ft wide creek Sunday. D5 and 312 Excavator showing up this morning.

peteL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going to wedding Saturday in Earlville. Taking I81 to NY 26. How are the roads and bridges?

Donald Lehman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Floods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our sandy soil is just soaking the rain up like a sponge. Black River is to the top of it's banks, maybe slightly over. We did't get as much rain as some areas of the state either.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters