Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

is this the ultiment tool?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old-9
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw this had to share. joe
here

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like taking apart a chicken with pliers. Jim

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sure seemed time consuming for sorting the small stuff.

Then leaving the plastic inside the carcass?

Cool machine though! Quick way to pull an engine!

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow!

When it first started, a few smart-alek comebacks went through my head (hey...you know me!), but this thing is some serious sort of crazy genius!!

Remember those 80's movies where all the trucks and machinery went haywire? This beast would be king!

daisyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have SO wanted to do that on occasion!! Like when I put a water pump on my wife's 2000 Toyota RAV 4. I would have loved to take the engine out like that and work on it!!

This guy should have been a dentist! Extractions made quick and easy. What a skill!

Irv
Laughing

daisyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then leaving the plastic inside the carcass?

They run them through a grinder (chopper) and the steel all goes out one side and the plastic goes out the other. Magnetic sorting. I don't know how they deal with the aluminum.
Irv

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a place in St. Paul MN where a friend used to work where the whole car went into a shredder and the material was separated with magnets and fans, similar to a combine. I think it was run by a 2000 hp electric motor.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's pretty slow and anemic compared to many car reclining machines on YouTube.

There's at least several videos of one that can tear up 450 cars an HOUR!

Two Dogs
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Other than pulling the engine that looks like a lot of machinery for very little production.

Heyseed
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It seems wasteful to me. I'm sure the LKQ value of parts is worth a lot more than the value of the raw metal. This process destroys all the parts.

timcasbolt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bet it takes a long time to pay for a machine like that. How many cars a year before you're in the black?

Mark - IN.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I have to say that's the gentlist I've ever seen an excavator with anything but it still broke everything that it touched. Excavators aint cheap so if you're not going to part them out why not just buy a crusher or shreader and save the fuel costs and end up with the same result...destroyed junk vehicle? Unless your idea of the ultimate tool is an excavator and then I get it. They rank up there.

Mark

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So,eome watched an eagle pick through a jack rabbit carcass, and mimicked it for this job. Must take some skill with the joysticks.

As others say, big machine and lots of dollar cost per minute to make that pay off to end up with semi sorted scrap.

Paul

circus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: is this the ultiment tool? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Am I the only one that saw that SUV as new? I've stopped going to salvage yards. All the car parts are too new to fit my vehicles.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters