Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

dodge recall

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Baker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a notice for another recall on my 5500

This time is is a jumping out of park problem and now they have the fix which is supposed to take an hr.

I sit here and wonder what can they fix in an hr. to an automatic that would stop it from jumping out of park,wooden block

Question is has anyone had theirs fixed yet

Justinwheeler
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got one a notice there other day for my 2500 the same thing.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you look up recall the problem is in steering column.

Larry Baker
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my wife now has one for her Durango also

Don't know what would be in the steering column as the shifter is on the console for it but the 5500 does have its on the column

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Their is some electronic component that gets hot and releases park. The article said it was in steering column of trucks.

marloweg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

had it done 25 to 30 minn.

deeretails
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had mine done today, took about an hour.

jd man wis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in 77 the ford ltd car was know to put its self in reverse when park running. We had one and had to always shut it off and put the park brake on. Now on my ford that I take a small tractor to shows it started to run bad this year stalling and jumping going down the road. I did what I could to it new spark plugs, new wires, and lots of fuel additive to the gas. So I took it in and the guy said ill know in less then 3 hours what is wrong. So then after that I had to leave the truck because they had to work on it more so I got a ride home from my boy home. About 3 days latter they call and said the truck runs good but the trans is out that been a electronic trans that the wires in the trans are shorting out and that is why the motor runs bad because the computer is not getting the power like it should. Have you guys ever hear of this. What ever happen to the days where you put it in gear and its in the gear not a computer doing it for you. $2400 to get it fix.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jd man wis wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:31:15 08/30/1Cool Back in 77 the ford ltd car was know to put its self in reverse when park running. We had one and had to always shut it off and put the park brake on. Now on my ford that I take a small tractor to shows it started to run bad this year stalling and jumping going down the road. I did what I could to it new spark plugs, new wires, and lots of fuel additive to the gas. So I took it in and the guy said ill know in less then 3 hours what is wrong. So then after that I had to leave the truck because they had to work on it more so I got a ride home from my boy home. About 3 days latter they call and said the truck runs good but the trans is out that been a electronic trans that the wires in the trans are shorting out and that is why the motor runs bad because the computer is not getting the power like it should. Have you guys ever hear of this. What ever happen to the days where you put it in gear and its in the gear not a computer doing it for you. $2400 to get it fix.

I do not understand why everything has to have a computer on it. Vehicles of today are no better than they were 40 years ago, but they cost a whole lot more to fix.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am really thinking a 77 did not have an electronic transmission.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think he said his car was a 77 but didn't say what year his truck was. 1992 is the first year for the Ford electronic overdrive transmission.

jd man wis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It didn't have but a 3 speed in it and it had some thing at that time for a adjustment in the trans. We never did get it fix the ford shop had so many that they never got to us so we were just carful when we park it.

jd man wis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This truck is a 1990 f super duty. I like the truck and pulls good with the 460 motor in it. The guy at the shop told me that it is the first one he has seen ever to do this. I told him that with the power it has that maybe I screwed it up by leaving it in over drive when pulling the tractors and he side that that trans in there would handle doing that. I suppose an old truck like this is about to start having things go wrong I sure like the old truck I plan on having it fix it work good tell this year and was just wondering if any one had this happen to them. Thanks.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1995 F 450 super duty that also has the 460 in it. It has the electronic 4 speed automatic transmission with a Dana 72 rear end with 6:63 gear ratio. Truck has all kind of power and handles trailer great. I had transmission drained and new filter> Dealer said trans. fluid and filter had never been changed but transmission was in great shape for having 151,000 miles.They told me to always pull trailer with over drive shut off.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: dodge recall Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The rear end is a code 72 Dana with 4:63 gear ratio.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters