Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Loader?


 
Post new topic    
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RTR
Tractor Expert


Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Posts: 2619


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just spoke to a gentleman who has an IH 444 diesel tractor. I THINK it might be the same as an IH 364 diesel tractor and similar to other models as well. He has a front end loader for the tractor, but doesn't have any hydraulic remotes on the tractor. He wants to know what parts he needs to get his loader hooked up and working. knowing what parts will be easier when looking for used parts at salvage yards or on parts tractors.
 
Back to top
View user's profile
Bob
Tractor Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 1998
Posts: 51473


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My GUESS is that it would have to be plumbed in at the "auxiliary valve cover/return cover" area, Key #12, NOT sure what "power beyond" block may have been offered or exactly what would have to be done there, without seeing it apart.



Other option would be to tap loader valve into the pressure line to the lift cover, and return to the lift cover.
 
Back to top
View user's profile
HappyJack
Regular


Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 24


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:47:37 09/18/1Cool I just spoke to a gentleman who has an IH 444 diesel tractor. I THINK it might be the same as an IH 364 diesel tractor and similar to other models as well. He has a front end loader for the tractor, but doesn't have any hydraulic remotes on the tractor. He wants to know what parts he needs to get his loader hooked up and working. knowing what parts will be easier when looking for used parts at salvage yards or on parts tractors.


I have a British built 444 which is the same as the American 364. It has a 1500 series loader on it. I will try to take a picture of the plumbing for the hydraulics for you tonight.

Scotty
 
Back to top
View user's profile
RTR
Tractor Expert


Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Posts: 2619


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:48:11 09/18/1Cool
RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:47:37 09/18/1Cool I just spoke to a gentleman who has an IH 444 diesel tractor. I THINK it might be the same as an IH 364 diesel tractor and similar to other models as well. He has a front end loader for the tractor, but doesn't have any hydraulic remotes on the tractor. He wants to know what parts he needs to get his loader hooked up and working. knowing what parts will be easier when looking for used parts at salvage yards or on parts tractors.


I have a British built 444 which is the same as the American 364. It has a 1500 series loader on it. I will try to take a picture of the plumbing for the hydraulics for you tonight.


Scotty


Awesome! Thank you
 
Back to top
View user's profile
HappyJack
Regular


Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 24


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:21:40 09/18/1Cool
HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:48:11 09/18/1Cool
RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:47:37 09/18/1Cool I just spoke to a gentleman who has an IH 444 diesel tractor. I THINK it might be the same as an IH 364 diesel tractor and similar to other models as well. He has a front end loader for the tractor, but doesn't have any hydraulic remotes on the tractor. He wants to know what parts he needs to get his loader hooked up and working. knowing what parts will be easier when looking for used parts at salvage yards or on parts tractors.


I have a British built 444 which is the same as the American 364. It has a 1500 series loader on it. I will try to take a picture of the plumbing for the hydraulics for you tonight.


Scotty


Awesome! Thank you
[img]

For a geek I seem to be woefully unable to insert a picture here. Any help would be appreciated.

Scotty
 
Back to top
View user's profile
RTR
Tractor Expert


Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Posts: 2619


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:53:25 09/19/1Cool
RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:21:40 09/18/1Cool
HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:48:11 09/18/1Cool
RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:47:37 09/18/1Cool I just spoke to a gentleman who has an IH 444 diesel tractor. I THINK it might be the same as an IH 364 diesel tractor and similar to other models as well. He has a front end loader for the tractor, but doesn't have any hydraulic remotes on the tractor. He wants to know what parts he needs to get his loader hooked up and working. knowing what parts will be easier when looking for used parts at salvage yards or on parts tractors.


I have a British built 444 which is the same as the American 364. It has a 1500 series loader on it. I will try to take a picture of the plumbing for the hydraulics for you tonight.


Scotty


Awesome! Thank you
[img]

For a geek I seem to be woefully unable to insert a picture here. Any help would be appreciated.

Scotty


At the bottom there is an upload photo link. Click that and just upload from file. Wait for a thumbnail of the photo to appear and then you click continue. Then you submit the post. Hope that helps.
 
Back to top
View user's profile
HappyJack
Regular


Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 24


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:58:15 09/18/1Cool
HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:53:25 09/19/1Cool
RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:21:40 09/18/1Cool
HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:48:11 09/18/1Cool
RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:47:37 09/18/1Cool I just spoke to a gentleman who has an IH 444 diesel tractor. I THINK it might be the same as an IH 364 diesel tractor and similar to other models as well. He has a front end loader for the tractor, but doesn't have any hydraulic remotes on the tractor. He wants to know what parts he needs to get his loader hooked up and working. knowing what parts will be easier when looking for used parts at salvage yards or on parts tractors.


I have a British built 444 which is the same as the American 364. It has a 1500 series loader on it. I will try to take a picture of the plumbing for the hydraulics for you tonight.


Scotty


Awesome! Thank you
[img]

For a geek I seem to be woefully unable to insert a picture here. Any help would be appreciated.

Scotty


At the bottom there is an upload photo link. Click that and just upload from file. Wait for a thumbnail of the photo to appear and then you click continue. Then you submit the post. Hope that helps.




 
Back to top
View user's profile
HappyJack
Regular


Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 24


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote


Thanks for the posting help. I did that last night but it didn't work for me. Slow computer, internet, or brain...


Anyway, this is my 444 as I got it from the previous owner. Right or wrong it works.......

One line comes from the front left of the seat and the other goes to the rear right of the seat.

Hope this helps,

Scotty
 
Back to top
View user's profile
JimB2
Tractor Expert


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 2696


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HappyJack, that is the correct way to plumb a loader on the IH models B414, 434, 444 and 384.

JimB
 
Back to top
View user's profile
HappyJack
Regular


Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 24


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jimb2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:16:19 09/19/1Cool HappyJack, that is the correct way to plumb a loader on the IH models B414, 434, 444 and 384.

JimB


Good to know. I figured the worst case scenario would be someone telling me its wrong and how to fix it.......
 
Back to top
View user's profile
RTR
Tractor Expert


Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Posts: 2619


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:21:43 09/20/1Cool
CVPost-jimb2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:16:19 09/19/1Cool HappyJack, that is the correct way to plumb a loader on the IH models B414, 434, 444 and 384.

JimB


Good to know. I figured the worst case scenario would be someone telling me its wrong and how to fix it.......


Ok. So if that is the correct way, then nothing special is needed? Just plumb the hoses up to the tractor at those locations?
 
Back to top
View user's profile
495man
Tractor Expert


Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 2085
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:42:51 09/19/1Cool
HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:21:43 09/20/1Cool
CVPost-jimb2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:16:19 09/19/1Cool HappyJack, that is the correct way to plumb a loader on the IH models B414, 434, 444 and 384.

JimB


Good to know. I figured the worst case scenario would be someone telling me its wrong and how to fix it.......


Ok. So if that is the correct way, then nothing special is needed? Just plumb the hoses up to the tractor at those locations?


I believe you need to CUT the metal pressure line and splice hoses on to it...so that is likely the hard part of the job.
 
Back to top
View user's profile
RTR
Tractor Expert


Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Posts: 2619


Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 444 - What hydraulic parts are Needed to Install Load Reply to specific post Reply with quote

495man wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:52:16 09/20/1Cool
RTR wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:42:51 09/19/1Cool
HappyJack wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:21:43 09/20/1Cool
CVPost-jimb2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:16:19 09/19/1Cool HappyJack, that is the correct way to plumb a loader on the IH models B414, 434, 444 and 384.

JimB


Good to know. I figured the worst case scenario would be someone telling me its wrong and how to fix it.......


Ok. So if that is the correct way, then nothing special is needed? Just plumb the hoses up to the tractor at those locations?


I believe you need to CUT the metal pressure line and splice hoses on to it...so that is likely the hard part of the job.


Can you post a close up picture of that?
 
Back to top
View user's profile
:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters