Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford of a different color.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred goodrich
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Factory option?

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The factory would paint and ship tractors yellow for government agencies such as counties. An example would be for machines that mow roadside ditches, like Tiger mowers. I seriously doubt, however, that you could have had them shipped from the factory with green paint. That looks to be a one-of-a-kind to me.

MJMJ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As far as I know, all or most of the industrial Ford tractors were yellow. The green is a new one to me.

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes... at one point they would paint them any color under a bulk order. Orange, yellow, green were some of the colors. Cant find my ford history book, but its in there. twas the mid to late 80s iirc. wait.... page 115 shows the yellow and orange ones going to naso for sale on State contracts. Later the terracotta ones where shipped to Italy., page 161 shows the orange and yellow farm tractors. Found the book.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember our local dealer saying other colors were available.
That green sure makes that one ugly!

Danny Prosser
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in Tennessee when the state TDOT used to do all of it's own roadway cutting all of their tractors were bright orange. It didn't matter what company had the contract they were orange. I remember Ford's and John Deere's like that.

RickB
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still do. NYSDOT has a fleet of yellow T5070?s.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FORD never painted models anything but the standard OEM paint colors at the factory -Rouge, Highland Park, or Romeo, except for Industrial Models. It was the dealer who was delegated to do so. If/when a city, town, or county purchased new models to be used in their municipality for service work they were repainted at the dealer, by the dealer, to whatever paint scheme was requested. The yellow model you show was a standard Industrial paint used. So, no, not a 'factory option'. looks like a shade of Oliver green to me, not JD green.

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you sure about that Tim? There are a lot of yellow and orange Ford ag tractors running around in county fleets, and I highly doubt each and every one of them were repainted by a dealer. If they were, many of them would be peeling down to the blue right now, and I've never seen that.

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm with you, Bern. I doubt that all those highway tractors had to be repainted after they left the factory.

I've also seen more blue tractors peeling to yellow or orange than the other way around. As a matter of fact I don't I've any peeling from yellow or orange to blue.

RickB
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?m not a believer.

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-RickB wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:26:54 09/23/1Cool I?m not a believer.
The Ford Tractor Story (Stuart Gibbard) has reference to it in multiple places... appears to be when Romeo started taking over more the production..

Fighting suburbia in NC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 63 2000 has only one panel that is anything but VA DOT yellow - the bottom grill panel that is cut out for the front-mounted pump shaft. Looks like the blue got painted over when the 2nd coat of yeller got hosed on. Original paint is a little more orange than the current (if you consider 30+? year old paint current) top coat.

The trans is showing some red base paint in places but, being an S-O-S, that is not a surprise.

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford of a different color. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Tim PloughNman Dal wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:34:46 09/23/1Cool FORD never painted models anything but the standard OEM paint colors at the factory -Rouge, Highland Park, or Romeo, except for Industrial Models. It was the dealer who was delegated to do so. If/when a city, town, or county purchased new models to be used in their municipality for service work they were repainted at the dealer, by the dealer, to whatever paint scheme was requested. The yellow model you show was a standard Industrial paint used. So, no, not a 'factory option'. looks like a shade of Oliver green to me, not JD green.

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)

Page 115

Twas.... Quote.....1987 when Basidon had taken over Romeo production. There were different colors for different states,, Orange to Arkansas, kansas, and Kentucky, while yellow went to Alabama, Ohio, and Missouri....

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters