Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JVerk
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where do you check the Transmission and Rear End oil level on a Minnie R model? I can't find a witness plug anywhere on mine. It is a 1946 R. Would appreciate some help

larry Mi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I remember right the oil level plug should be back of the belt pully.

JVerk
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is one behind the pully but it is at the bottom and just forward of the right foot rest. I assumed it to be a drain plug. Thanks for the response.

larry Mi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The drain plug should be underneath by the drawbar. Plug on side is for oil level. Take it loose and see if oil comes out.

JVerk
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Larry. I have been away from the computer for awhile due to too much going on. I checked the plug you said and it is low. I want to drain all of the old fluid and put in new. I know there is a million ideas on fluids these days, but is the hydraulic/trans combo fluid o.k. to put in this thing. I'm sure in 1946 it was heavy gear fluid of some sort. Also I can't find a filler plug on this tractor. I'm new to the molines as a collector. I grew up on a farm where Dad had an R and a Z so it was the first thing I ever drove as a kid, but we are talking 60 years ago. Thanks for your information.

MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no plug as such. There is a 3 cornered plate on top near the shifter. Take it of and pour in your new fluid. I would NOT use Trans-Hyd. Too light. It originally had 160. But for what you are probably going to use it for I would put in 80=90.
MMDEL

JVerk
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R Transmission and Rear end fluid Reply to specific post Reply with quote

O.k. I've seen this plate. Glad you told me as I was going to use the new stuff. I'll put in 80-90 unless I can find some heaver oil. Don't recall ever seeing the 160. Not using it for anything but shows. Thanks for your help.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters