Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Roto Baler's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So what years did they make the Roto Baler's, not the non stop, or the wrap on the go kind !

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

!947-1974, with none produced in 61 and 62. The number 10 was produced in 1958, with 1500 produced- I believe that was the non-stop version. Total production was 77,700 balers.

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well thank you very much for the quick information !!

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That info is courtesy of the Upper Midwest AC Club, Hutchinson, MN. Published for a recent GOTO, showing adjustments, trouble shooting, and correct windrow for the Roto-Baler. I don"t know if it is still available. Would be nice if it was on their website.

gulfsuper
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just pulled a roto baler out of a fence row. Was buried over the axle with about two inches of the rims up out of the ground. The serial number is 10675S, 1948. Does anyone know what the S means? I have a 50 and 52 and there is no letter in the serial numbers.

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

These posts i have made are for my brother, his wife's dad, bought a Roto Baler new, there grandsons got it now, there 13 and 17, they never seen one work, it's in working condition, so next year,2019 there hopeing to makes a few bales with it!

gulfsuper
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked summer's with my uncle in Northwest Missouri in the 70's. We baled 20,000 bales a year with a roto baler. I am finding and preparing these balers for preservation and demonstration. I am in the Asheville NC area and most people have never heard of small round balers.

Brian Jasper co. Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't say for sure, but that S might mean it's a fast wrap machine. Somewhere along the way they had a way of speeding the machine up for wrapping the bale faster to increase the number of bales one could make in a day. I kind of think that was something that started with the #10 baler. When the continuous feed didn't work as well as they wanted they just deleted the extra conveyor but kept the fast wrap.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one of the fast wrap balers it has an electric overdrive unit on the drive line between the gearbox and the baler.A switch turns it on once the arm drops to tie a bale.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A new spring kit would be a good investment to make the baler operate as it should,also AlWAYS make sure the brake is loose before baling each day as a stuck brake will tear up the baler

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well thank you,Traditional, so is that 1 or two spring's enlightned me more!! These are some good boys that want to learn!

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think its 5 or maybe more in the kit,the springs being in place and correct are crucial to the baler operating like it should.There is a guy that sells them maybe someone here will know him or I'll try to get his number.I have 5 of those balers sitting over in a field for parts if you need anything.Also get a original operators manual for the baler and let them study it.

hd6gtom
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Roto Baler's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A sharp twine knife is also a must. When you first start it after sitting, You need to be very generous with the oil can on everything under the hood.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters