Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

M pto gasket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred kobs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: M pto gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys, was hoping somebody had a to scale picture of the gasket that goes in front? back? of the pto seal/bearing retainer. Just flushed the rear and filled with new, expensive gear lube. naturally in the dark corner of the shop after i installed the new pto seal i got the housing upside down. went to flip it and tore the gasket. now i need to replace the gasket and can't watch $ run out of it whle i cut a gasket. Thanks in advance for any help. and if you find this funny, please dont share, i will also probably chuckle about it later, much later. thanks again. Fred

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: M pto gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

whats wrong with draining the oil into a clean pail or pails? then make a gasket.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: M pto gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly.....

scott mcintosh
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: M pto gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Park tractor facing down hill then remove flange.Scott

fred kobs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: M pto gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just came in from doing just that scott. thanks. had to add a couple blocks to the idea tho. it came to me about 10 minutes after the evening beverage. Reds, I don't have the strength i did as a less old guy, 2nd heart attack fixed that. takes me forever in a day to get things done anymore. anyhow its sealed up and under a roof now and the road is almost dry so it can rain about daylight. hasnt rained here for about 36 hrs now so we are due...

fastfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: M pto gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But Fred, the good news is if it rains before 7,it will done by Eleven, and that you can put in the bank!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters