Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlin54
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to know if a wfe off a JD 60 will swap to a JD 50 ?

mdross
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quite sure it will, look up under tractor around steering pedestal and see if there are four unused bolt holes?

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-marlin54 wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:55:43 10/03/1Cool I would like to know if a wfe off a JD 60 will swap to a JD 50 ?

Most guys would swap thier wife for a 60.

2520-4010
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd rather have a "40".......

I "saw" the same thing....lol.

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes.

Take a look at the FRONT AXLE HOUSING ASSEMBLY diagram below.

Note the housing(Key 11) AF 1182 R and AB 4045 R.

Take a look at the FRONT AXLE HOUSING ASSEMBLY diagram below.

Note the housing(Key 13) AF 1182 R and AB 4045 R.

Hope this helps.

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some 50's don't have a convertible pedestal, but I'll bet you know that already. Mine would be a big job to convert because I'd have to change the pedestal too.

Jon Erickson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can have my John Deere 50 and your choice of two of three nice 520's if you take my wife with the tractors.

marlin54
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No I dont think I know what a covertible pedestal is ..I have had farmall pedestals off and on but not a deere .and there seems to be 2 of the holes ,on the mounting plate that someone has made larger for some reason. that's what makes me believe it was on something else than the 60 model .

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The convertible pedestal is a two piece unit that allows you to remove the lower portion and leave the part under the sheet metal in place. My 50 is an early model, and it has the one piece pedestal. If yours is a convertible pedestal, it will have four large bolts visible below the grill - these bolts hold the lower portion in place.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I read wife swap to.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-SVcummins wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:39:23 10/11/1Cool I read wife swap to.

I seen wfe but thought it would make a good joke .

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: wfe swap from model 50 to a model 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was funny

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters