Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ccm 190 drum mower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dexterfarm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: ccm 190 drum mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had the vertical shaft wear out on the bottom drum bearing. the bearing itself was actually fine but it spun on the shaft itself and wore the shaft out. I would guess it was a manufacturing defect. The shaft is way to soft of metal.
I cant get the shaft out. pulled the horizontal shaft and the nut off of the top but was only able to drive the shaft down about half an inch and that was not easy. Really no way I can see to use any type of puller on this. Someone suggested heat but I fear that will take the temper out of the gear. From what I can tell it has to drive out of multiple bearings and sleeves at the same time. I had the bright idea to put a hydrolic jack between the cast wheel that the drum bolts to and the housing. I busted the wheel in half so now have to buy a new one of those.
Any one ever try and put vertical shafts in these?

peteL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ccm 190 drum mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would try the tractorbynet forum as a couple of members sale that style of mower and may be able to help.

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: ccm 190 drum mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Call or email Phil the owner of "Small Farm Innovations", Caldwell, Tx. He may have done the repair. I bought my drum from him many years ago. He can
source parts for you too.

dexterfarm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ccm 190 drum mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

update I got it apart. Do not attempt this repair without a bearing spliter. A 3" one just fit inside the channel and still got a hold of the gear.
the gear is not a simple gear as it looks from the top. it has a collar under it. the collar sits inside of the bearing below it so you not only have to pull the gear off of the shaft at the same time you are pulling the collar out of the bearing.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters