Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

D15 Power director stuck in high

View previous topic :: View next topic  
devinbr1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: D15 Power director stuck in high Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i bought my grandfathers D15 series II. i know i need brakes and clutch. the PD also is stuck in high, stick moves but is engage in high all the time.

is there advice as to how i know what all parts i need in this process?
Thank you for your help.

Jim.ME
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: D15 Power director stuck in high Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations on getting your Grandfather's tractor.

Some will say you don't need them but having the operator's and service manuals will help you with your planned repairs. If your grandfather had them and you can get them, great. The manuals along with questions on forums will get you through most repairs. AGCO has the Parts catalogs free to view on line. Go to https://www.agcopartsbooks.com/partsbooksn/login.aspx?region=northamerica. Sign in as a Guest User. Enter D15 in the model search and your parts catalog will come up. It will let you see the parts related to each of the areas you plan to work on. They sell the manuals (service, operators, and parts if you want a copy vs using the one on line) at https://www.agcopubs.com/ . You can find used and reprints on eBay. The store for this site sells some manuals. Get OEM or quality aftermarket reprints of OEM. I have some, but I am not a fan of the I&T manuals, personal preference.

Does the power director lever have any resistance when you move it? You say it is stuck in high so I take that to mean it still drives. If lever moves freely it indicates to me that something has come unhooked or has worn out and failed in the shifting mechanism. You can see inside that compartment by pulling the side cover after draining the oil from it. The parts book breakdown shows it as the forward reverse shuttle with the parts for the power direct called out in the text. The shuttle shifting lever is on the opposite side of the tractor but the parts are similar so you will see what is in there.

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: D15 Power director stuck in high Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would start by unscrewing the dipstick to the left of the tachometer and see if there is any oil in the Power Director clutch compartment. If it is very low or empty, the brass collar inside may be burned clear thru causing your issue. If it has oil in it, maybe the setscrews on the hand lever itself are very loose. Two setscrews. One outside and one inside and they must be TIGHT. Remove the cover to see inside and tighten inside setscrew. Drain plug for the oil is directly down from the clutch pedal.

bdJohndeere
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: D15 Power director stuck in high Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, the shuttle moves freely but is stuck in hi. i will take a look inside and see if there is any oil in that compartment , I am guessing there is not. what kind of oil should be replaced in that compartment?

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: D15 Power director stuck in high Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In every compartment on that tractor (except the engine) you may use Universal Hydraulic transmission fluid. Like HyTran, HyGard, AGCO 821 or 821XL, etc, etc.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters