Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Replacing the rear crank seal on a TEA 2085

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing the rear crank seal on a TEA 2085 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, So where are you adding the "blue" silicon sealer? From your pictures I thought that you had added it to the section of the retaining block where the seal met the block. Am I missing something? Thanks for the heads up regarding the Tee cork plugs. I was at my local MF dealer to pick up some of the parts today and saw in his schematic that the cork plugs were for the front along with the cheese head bolts. I just want to know what the head of a cheese head bolt looks like. I'll keep on plugging away at this with your help. Ron

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing the rear crank seal on a TEA 2085 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes...I added the Silicone Sealer to the BORE in the BLOCK, and the BORE of the BRG CAP..Specifically were the CRANKSHAFT SEAL fits in.

RonON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing the rear crank seal on a TEA 2085 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So far so good! Removed the main bearing cap, was able to get the seal into the top part of the cap and then put the bottom cap back on. I did not use any sealer or adhesive anywhere. The top part of the seal where the seal is split came together very well and there was no gap. The seal was about 1/8" proud of the outer part of the engine block and bearing cap. I could not get it to go in towards the inside of the block any further. Any comments? I am assuming that the retainer plate holds the seal in this position so that it pushes the seal inwards and seals the crank from engine leaks. Tomorrow I pack the felt strips in the side of the bearing cap. I know that the manual says to use shellac but I went in to talk to my engine machinist and he says that you can pack it dry and oil will soak into it or you can 1st soak it in oil and then pack it into the slots to seal the cap at the sides. He said just make sure that you pack it well. I will soak mine in oil and then pack it into the slots. Then the oil pan, flywheel and new clutch. I have replaced the pilot bearing in the flywheel and will also replace the thrust (throw-out) bearing before puting it all back together. Any tips, comments etc. welcome to prevent further mistakes. Ron

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters