Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

replacement hydraulic cylinder 730 loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vatractor
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: replacement hydraulic cylinder 730 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a ford 730 loader that one or both bucket cylinders have failed.

Both are marred on the chrome and slightly pitted at the end. Shop said they would be 150-200$ to rebuild without even having that negative info (phone conversation) so that's not happening.

What is a good aftermarket brand?

looking at Magister currently. Any experiences there?

Anyone replaced these before?

riveroadrat
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: replacement hydraulic cylinder 730 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some people just put new seals in them. I had a shop butcher mine and sand a lot of the hard chrome off where they scarred them all up. They also billed me $700 for that chop job. Some pitting st the very top isnt too bad as long as the hard chrome isnt bad. I had some kin wear his out until there wasnt any chrome left at all.I have seen some with the cylinders turned end for end when mounted.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: replacement hydraulic cylinder 730 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The rods on the cylinders on the Freeman loader I bought for my 4000 9 years ago were rusted to where there were 1/4" deep divots when I got it. I got the whole loader for only $200.00 so I still feel it was worth it.

I measured the eyelet-to-eyelet length fully retracted and fully extended on the original cylinders and found the closest fit that had the proper ends for mounting on surpluscenter.com. The lift cylinders were $105.00 or $110.00 each and the single bucket cylinder was around $135.00.

Vatractor
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: replacement hydraulic cylinder 730 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good info. They seem to have quite a few options on their site.

Typically is build quality about the same across the board or do you get what you pay for?

New to this aspect of my tractor so not familiar with quality brands over others

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: replacement hydraulic cylinder 730 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Vatractor wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:32:09 10/10/1Cool Good info. They seem to have quite a few options on their site.

Typically is build quality about the same across the board or do you get what you pay for?

New to this aspect of my tractor so not familiar with quality brands over others

The surpluscenter products are usually near the top of the range in quality. They purchase leftover stock from manufacturers of equipment like tractors, forklifts, etc., who have too many of a particular item on hand when they stop producing a particular piece of equipment, so all of the cylinders that surpluscenter has were used by some manufacturer in some piece of equipment but they just don''t make that model of their equipment any longer. My joystick valve is made by Prince, which is one of the top brands of hydraulic control valves in the business. It was around $600.00 if I were to buy it new anywhere else, but I only paid $235.00 for it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters