Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Powermaster ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kinda shopping for one of these... Some pictures that I see have a red checkerboard grill and some do not. Which models/years have the
checkerboard grille? Right now leaning towards a row crop narrow front.

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

egg crate grill 58 -62

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

801 and 901 series

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok thanks. So the 901s I?ve seen with a gray grille are 57?s?

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They're not 901s. They're 900s. And yes, 55 - 57 on the *00 series.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

901 series tractors have egg crate grills.

900 series tractors have all grey vertical bar grills without the red egg crate insert.

Dean

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some of the last 800 and 600 models made had "Powermaster" decals on them even though they were not 801/901 series tractors and still had the all grey grills.

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ah, so some guys upgraded with a can of paint and some decals!

WayneIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe the 1957 year model 800 and 900 series had the powermaster decals.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-WayneIA wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:57:55 12/13/1Cool I believe the 1957 year model 800 and 900 series had the powermaster decals.

Wayne you are pretty much correct. When I was removing paint from my 960's hood to prepare for painting I found the "shadow" of the Powermaster decal on the original paint under later paint. They had apparently removed the decal and scuffed the paint for prep.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-moresmoke wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:56:04 12/13/1Cool Kinda shopping for one of these... Some pictures that I see have a red checkerboard grill and some do not. Which models/years have the
checkerboard grille? Right now leaning towards a row crop narrow front.

moresmoke, you better have your life insurance paid up if you are going to get a NFE tractor. You can't drive one of those ten feet without it flipping over on you. At least that is similar to what you are soon going to be told here. Until recently I had three Ford 4 cyl. NFEs. The NFE makes them very nimble and in twenty years I don't think any of them ever lifted a tire off the ground. WFE tractors that I have had on three wheels have been Ford 841, Kubota 190DT, Kubota B8200, Case 430.

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sean in PA wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:11:47 12/13/1Cool Some of the last 800 and 600 models made had "Powermaster" decals on them even though they were not 801/901 series tractors and still had the all grey grills.

Sorry typo,that should have read 800 and 900, not 800 and 600.

Gaspump
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Powermaster" made its debut on 1957 model 860 and 960's.

moresmoke
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lol!

I?ve been driving tractors for 33 years, started at the ripe age of 8. Haven?t rolled one yet. I?ve tried pretty hard. I?m a believer that if you hit the axle stop
on a wide front you are probably going over anyway. The closest I have come to rolling a tractor was a 7R Deere with MFWD and a loader. The only
reason it didn?t go over was a well placed pile of bales that caught the loader bucket.

As far as the life insurance comment, this one is to be the SWMBO?s tractor!

robilmichael
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Powermaster ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are pics of the before and after on a very early 1957 850 Powermaster, with power steering. The tractor had a dump front end loader on it when purchased. I took that off and sold it and just cleaned it up a bit, replaced the seals in the power steering cylinders and painted it with new decals (including the early "spinning wheel" Powermaster decals). Good luck. Good, handy, easy to start and maintain tractors, even with the original 6 volt systems.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters