Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New Holland Super 66

View previous topic :: View next topic  
westernpafarmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are there any other adjustments ther than bale pressuer knobs and the string tensioners so all the bales stay the same size and weight or close to the same????? I get a few really nice bales then a nasty not as compacted as the nice ones.....over and over........Got me stumped....Is there anything in the bale shute that might need changed or ? Any info will be put to good use........Thanks Scott

georgeky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are wedges in the chamber that rust out or just wear out. There could be up to 3 on each side. This many is usually not necessary but could have them or not. They are installed in sets across from one another. Depending on the hay one set or two could be all that is needed. So I would look to see about those first and then see what you need.

Rexalot

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like already mentioned, hay wedges. I don't know if the 66 has "Hay dogs" like the S67 and 68 baler, if so, make sure your springs aren't broke.

westernpafarmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It ha one set that I can see...What is the main purposeof the wedges????....Also I forgot to mention that I mow with a New Idea Cut Dittioner.........Thanks

georgeky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To keep a more constant pressure on bales. It may help if you add one more set and see what happens. They are available at Hew Holland dealer, seems like they around 6 or 7 dollars a piece. As Rexalot mentioned you should make sure those hay dog springs are good as well. I am not real familur with the 66, but if I remember right there are some wooden pieces of some kind in that baler. I don't remember where or what for.

westernpefarmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What are the hay dogs and where are they??Scott

georgeky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look right under the knotters. Little levers that stick down in the bale chamber, should be spring loaded. They are to keep the hay compressed after it is pushed into the bale. If the springs are broken or weak it will let the hay expand back towards the front of baler, and cause knots to be missed or misformed bales. As Rexalot said, I am not sure if the 66 has them or not either. Some balers do not have them, but will have notches that look like a cheese grater.

Leroy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The super 66 and plain 66 both have the hay dogs, 2 both on top ann 2 on bottom and are spring loaded, dirt or rust as well as broken parts will keep then from working. The wood pieces are the slides for the plunger, 1 on each corner and if they get worn will let the plunger jump around and cause no tying that will get blamed on the knotters.

westernpafarmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: New Holland Super 66 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The bottom dogs are working....The two top ones are not...The springs are bad......Is it worth making the the wedges out of oak or just buy new ones?(It has holes for two sets)Which will take time to get that I do not have........Thanks Scott

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters