Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Lift Pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Preparing for when I get all the hydraulic lift guts out. I looked in the parts book and there were several lift pump and cylinder configurations. My setup does not have any kind of filtering that I can see and am wondering if anyone has tried to install a more current version that has filtering. I need to get the part number from the unit in there and unless new parts are junk compared to what is already in there, it may not make sense to rebuild it.

Thanks for feedback,
Don

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's really a strainer (screen), not what you would call a true filter. If you buy a pump it would likely have the strainer with it.

miner09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This site has all the parts you should need. Top left under tractor parts.

Massey3518
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just dome the cylinder and rings and pump kit on my MF. You need to.measure the cylinder see what one you have to get the correct rings for if you plan to hone it and replace the rings.
Suppose you could mount a filter on the end of a bolt somewhere inside on the pto leaver side and use some locking wore on the top
or just get a 2nd hand pump at a very cheap to nothing price with the filter mount and use the front casting of it
Or buy a new pump.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Parts Ordered - I am guessing a week before they arrive.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 1 more cleaning of the case and I will be starting to reassemble the PTO, Lift and Hydraulic Pump. I want to make sure it watertight. While the gaskets for the side covers look decent, the lift cover gasket seems really thin.

I haven't study the parts for passages but I am thinking that Permatex Ultra might be necessary or good insurance and can't see any reason not to use it. Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Don

Massey3518
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG1RED9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:01:08 11/11/1Cool
I have 1 more cleaning of the case and I will be starting to reassemble the PTO, Lift and Hydraulic Pump. I want to make sure it watertight. While the gaskets for the side covers look decent, the lift cover gasket seems really thin.

I haven't study the parts for passages but I am thinking that Permatex Ultra might be necessary or good insurance and can't see any reason not to use it. Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Don

It's up to yourself, when these tractors were going out on the production line all that was used was grease each side of the paper gasket.
I've used permetax ultra, Indian gasket and just grease with the paper gasket all on different occasions.
If your using it a really small bead will suffice as it spreads when compressed and you don't want that getting into the pump.
Worse thing about it is if you need to take your lift cover back off for adjustments the paper gasket will be ruined. Where as with just using grease it can be saved and reused.

The lift head gasket tends to be thin with all brands making them it makes no difference.

Good luck with the rebuild

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Be happy to do it the way it was done when assembled. Never heard about using grease with a paper gasket. If it remains watertight, I will go that way.

Thank you for the info,
Don

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got the case close to spotless, new pump with filter is installed.

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Lift Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It works....although on the way up it has little jerks. Clutch in and it stays up. No idea why but I like it!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters