Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Kubota G2000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GLMPA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Kubota G2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me about the reliability and engineering behind this tractor? I am looking at a 1995 model with 54 inch mower deck and liquid cooled Kubota gas engine. It has approximately 1200 hours on hourmeter and is being sold by a dealer. In good operational shape what is it worth in general. I know Kubota makes a good diesel engine, but how about gas models? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Greg

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubota G2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only gas Kubota engines I am familiar with are the small ones built on the same crankcase as the Diesel models. By and large, Kubota makes a very good product.

Keep in mind that tractor is 23 years old. The hours don't seem like a lot, but previous maintenance is what tells the story. It seems like a lot of consumers buy a durable commercial unit and then don't do any regular maintenance.

I don't know what its worth. Usually a lot more from a dealer than from an individual.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Kubota G2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That series of Kubota are as good a tractor as they ever built, they dont die from worn out, they die from being neglected. I have the diesel version G1900, year 1998, 1500 hours and runs as new. There isn't a new model I would trade it for. I know of several gassers around and other than fuel usage, no complaints.
As TRK said previous maintenance practices would be more of a concern for me than 1200 hours. "been maintained" is thrown out loosely by dealers and people selling such. A lot can be told by just looking at it. Seldom will an owner take good care of a unit cosmetically and neglect the rest of the tractor. In the same notion when I see a unit that is beat to heck and looks like it has never been inside and they say "been maintained" I think, Ya right!. At 1200 hours I would expect many years out of it with no more than tune ups and regular maintenance. The weaknesses are few. Grass gets into the screen in front of the radiator and if the operator is diligent about removing and cleaning it (takes 10 seconds) the engine will runs hot and shorten life. Complicating this is the temp gauges are known to stick and not read correctly. The drive shafts for the deck are VERY spendy and wear out quickly when not greased.

GLMPA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubota G2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate your input.

GLMPA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubota G2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about parts availability from a Kubota dealer? Readily available,expensive since older unit? Thanks

Butch(OH)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kubota G2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have not needed many repair parts for my G1900 but all I have needed has been available. I had to rebuild the front axle pivot last summer. It is also the PTO drive for the mower deck. Everything was in stock. The parts are spendy but considering the cost divided by 20 years of service it was very little per year actually.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters