Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1800 won't come out of gear

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas036
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My clutch plate is seized to the flywheel, so I put the tractor in reverse and started it trying to back it out of a shed. It started and backed out of the shed but the clutch still would not release. My problem now is I can't get it out of reverse. No matter how hard I try, it will not come out of gear. Does anyone have any suggestions?

P I Pete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it parked on a hill so there is pressure on the gears? If so, jack one wheel while the is wheel chocked, and see
if that will help.

Pete

chas036
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That did the it. jacked it up, wiggles the wheel a little and it popped out of gear and into natural. NOw I have to use my come along to winch back into the shed. Thanks for the help!!!!

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why don't you put it in a low gear and drive it in the shed?

Olliejunkie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-J. Schwiebert wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:45:21 11/17/1Cool Why don't you put it in a low gear and drive it in the shed?

Start it in gear and jab the breaks several times with the clutch down if you have enough room.

MNGB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Olliejunkie wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:35:41 11/17/1Cool
(quoted from post at 15:45:21 11/17/1Cool Why don't you put it in a low gear and drive it in the shed?

Start it in gear and jab the breaks several times with the clutch down if you have enough room.

That's what I did when the "B" Farmall
GB in MN

Olliejunkie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MNGB wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:51:44 11/17/1Cool
Olliejunkie wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:35:41 11/17/1Cool

That's what I did when the "B" Farmall
GB in MN

Could try pulling it in gear with clutch down too.
Don't give up to fast. It hasn't been stuck very long.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd get it on a hill where I could get it cranked in 5th gear then drive it around with the clutch pedal depress it'll probably pop loose.

chas036
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I finally got it back into the shed and out of the weather by putting it in first gear and using the starter motor to turn over the engine and move the tractor a little at a time. It took me 4 hours because after 30 sec, I had the recharge the battery for 30 min, but it worked .

I can't really take it out into the yard or field to try anything else because everything here is so saturated that I will put ruts everywhere and probably get stuck in the mud.

I was reading in another blog that someone suggested jacking up one wheel and blocking the other. Then start it in high gear and hit the brake on the moving wheel tryong to pop the clutch free. Has anyone tried this before?

Olliejunkie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 won't come out of gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

chas036 wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:43:28 11/18/1Cool I finally got it back into the shed and out of the weather by putting it in first gear and using the starter motor to turn over the engine and move the tractor a little at a time. It took me 4 hours because after 30 sec, I had the recharge the battery for 30 min, but it worked .

I can't really take it out into the yard or field to try anything else because everything here is so saturated that I will put ruts everywhere and probably get stuck in the mud.

I was reading in another blog that someone suggested jacking up one wheel and blocking the other. Then start it in high gear and hit the brake on the moving wheel tryong to pop the clutch free. Has anyone tried this before?

I was going to suggest jacking up on wheel, put it in high gear with clutch pedal tied down and rocking the tire back and forth. That may work too. Just dont wait to long or you may have to tear it down. Maybe with the fuel shut off on you can bump starter with clutch depressed in high gear.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters