Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

H60E transmission problems

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you reply to a post delete everything in the box first to stop it repeating the replies,I just had a look over on Red Power and see no one has any idea yet,seeing this issue happened when parked it must be something simple,you say you can feel a jerk when you put it in gear so I would conclude from that it is going into gear so that eliminates everything up to the output,does the four wheel drive lever feel right if you move it,if you solve the issue please let us know what was the cause.
AJ

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I only feel the slight jerk when putting in 3rd gear first and second I don't feel anything. first and second will only barely move if I really rev It Up. I haven't looked in the book yet about the 4 wheel drive, but I don't see a lever in there anywhere so I have been assuming that it is full-time 4 wheel drive.
And thanks for the how to reply info

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You may be right it may not have a lever,those machines seem to be very scarce with no one seem to know of them usually on here there are some old timers like myself that are die hards,no machine ever left my place without been repaired,the trouble with this sort of problem is it may be inside and the only way to access it is tear it down,a labour intensive job,it would be ok to do that if the problem could be fixed,someone may come on that has had this mysterious failure.
AJ

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are going to test the pressures on the lube tubes going to the clutch packs next. We kind of feel like that is the last simple solution that it could be. although if it is a problem with the lube tubes within the transmission, it might not be that simple?

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are going to test the pressures on the lube tubes going to the clutch packs next. We kind of feel like that is the last simple solution that it could be. although if it is a problem with the lube tubes within the transmission, it might not be that simple?

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are going to test the pressures on the lube tubes going to the clutch packs next. We kind of feel like that is the last simple solution that it could be. although if it is a problem with the lube tubes within the transmission, it might not be that simple

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ian Beale
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe post that transmission number over at Red Power.

Seems unlikely to me that IH would have built one just especially for that model.

So might have used it in a dozer or something else as well

ANTIQUE DOZER BOB
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

THE HOUGH H60E WAS NOTORIOUS AT BRAKING THE FLEXPLATE
ON THE TORQUE CONVERTOR. HOWEVER I AGREE THAT IT MOST LIKELY SOMETHING SIMPLER. LIKE A STUCK VALVE.

Penn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob the board protocol considers upper case type to be shouting,just type normally.
P

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay we took the control valve apart again and there was trash in it. We cleaned it out and put it back on. We had 250 lb of pressure at the control control valve before we clean the trash out of it. Now we only have 150 lb of pressure at the control valve and we know it is clean and working properly now. We took the pump off a couple of weeks ago everything look good and clean inside of it. These pressures are when tractor is in neutral.

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Disregard the pressure numbers. My mind was exhausted as well as my body last night. I will give the correct complete update when I get with my brother and look at the numbers we have written down. Still not running

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 150psi I would guess may be a teeny bit low but should be plenty to give you drive,the pressure in neutral is created to charge the torque and push the oil through the cooler and filter it also should be enough to engage the clutches when selected and give you drive,see what reading you get from the clutches,if the clutches read good which I think they will because all could not fail at once,the IH boys I am surprised no one has come across a similar problem.
AJ

Elanier81
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

let's just start over on my last post completely. Prior to finding the trash in the sequencing valve throttle valve control valve pressure the control valve pressure was 250. After clearing the throttle valve the sequencing valve pressure was 220 lb. This while this was reading while the gear was in neutral. When we shifted the first gear or second gear the control valve pressure drop down to 130 to 150 lb and would not rise back up. The operator manual or the shop manual calls for a clutch activation pressure of between 270 and 300 lb. There's a 100 lb pressure drop between the transmission filter and the control valve which there's only a 3 ft length of hose in between the two. That's why we think there's excessive flow to the control valve. I have been using sequence and valve and control valve interchangeably in this conversation. One correction there's about a foot-and-a-half of large-diameter hose in addition to the three foot of hose between the filter and the control valve pressure gauge.

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: H60E transmission problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry I can't be of more help but I think even with the low pressure there should be some attempt of drive,those machines would drive with the engine on low idle,I never like to find the machines are used without a service brake it puts a lot of strain on the transmission going from forward to reverse and vice versa to stop,can you identify any of the trash you found,if you do find the trouble please post the cause.
AJ

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters