Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Got an AC snap coupler brush hog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tractormiallis

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Got an AC snap coupler brush hog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a AC snap coupler hog for the WD. It was made by Corsicana Grader and Equip Co. of Corsicana Texas. It is original equipment, all around, and works great. One problem I have is controlling the height as WD hydraulics dont stay at a constant height, and I am constantly adjusting the hydraulics. Any ideas of how to make it stay at one height?

Texas Denny

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Got an AC snap coupler brush hog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Years ago, I had a WD that the previous owner hooked a chain on each side and then looped it over the axel. When he wanted to change height, he just moved the hook up or down a link. It worked extremely well. I have a picture that shows it quite well. Send me an email and I'll send it to you.

I have a WD and a WD-45 now. Neither of them hold perfectly but adjustment is like once every half hour. I think when your tractor was new it probably held well. Now, the valve is probably worn. I've had these valves apart but never rebuilt one. Hopefully some other posting person has had this experience.

I am assuming you realize that the valve can be set up for two different operations. One is lift and the other is lift and hold. If it can't be held in a position for several minutes, You may not have the valve set to lift and hold. The WD operations manual explains the adjustment very well. If you don't have one, it is a good investment.

tractormiallis

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Got an AC snap coupler brush hog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another question, on a snap coupler hog, what is the trick to keeping the hitch part from coming all the way up when lifting and hitting the pto shaft?

I have a plow, which requires the pto shaft be removed to prevent that happening, but its not an option on the hog.

Texas Denny

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Got an AC snap coupler brush hog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd guess the only way to prevent it is to lengthen the two lift shafts between the lift arms so that the hog can't be lifted into the shaft.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters