Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm rebuilding my TO30 Steering box and I need to replace the gasket between the bottom of the housing and the bottom cover plate. I searched the part number and I cannot find any on any of the sites. Anybody have any information on where to get one or do I make it out of gasket stock?

hymie2lt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You mean the square gasket with one rounded side? or the ones below that under the oil filler cap...longer with one rounded side?
Where are you located?
Wayne

bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-hymie2lt"](reply to post at 07:25:24 01/08/19) [/quote]

Part #23, TO-3558-A. I am in Macomb, MI
[img]https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto29363.jpg[/img]

bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-hymie2lt"](reply to post at 07:25:24 01/08/19) [/quote]
[img]https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto29364.jpg[/img]

Tom H.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just did a parts number search and couldn?t find it either. Looks like you will have to make one yourself. I had my TO30 steering apart years ago and
was lucky to have mine still intact and reusable. Just added a thin coating of gasket seal.

bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Item #23

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made mine from a tube of Gray RTV. Also you might desire to add a 1/4-20 grease zerk to the top collar to lube the top bearing in the
steering column. I also filled my box with a combo of NGLI 00 (John Deere corn head) grease mixed with 90W in a zip lock bag. Cut the corner
and squeeze in.
The 50/50 mix keeps it from leaking out past the seals all too quickly.

bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-Bruce(OR)"](reply to post at 08:35:53 01/08/19) [/quote]

Thanks for the input guys! I got the tractor from my Father-in-law when he passed so I have been doing an overhaul one area at a time. Pistons, liners, bearings, Rebuilt Cracked Head replaced (had the old one welded but it started leaking after 20 hours of cutting found another used one with no cracks rebuilt and all is good), ball joints, steering box assembly was almost out of grease so I pulled it down, hot tanked it, bead blasted and now reassembling with all new seals and bearings.
Clutch, trans, PTO all work but will be rebuilt next winter. I already flushed the trans/PTO system and refilled with the proper oil and everything works great on that end.

Richard L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I make those bottom gaskets. $12 including postage. I can get one in the mail today if you let me know name and address. My mail box should be open, at least on the Classic View.

bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds good, I'll get you my info. It will save me some time. Thanks!

Richard L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bigardo, the P. O. said it should be to you on Thursday.

hymie2lt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like Richard found one for you? I found a few at a couple of dealerships....if you need?
Wayne

bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Wayne, Richard already has sent it. That's pretty amazing that dealerships have them, what state? I'll keep them in mind for future references. I didn't find any the couple by me.

hymie2lt
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there are two dealerships in MS and one in Texas that have a total of 18 together.
Wayne

bigardo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: TO30 Steering Box to Bottom Cover Gasket Needed Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Richard, I got the gasket. I'll be sending the money. Thanks again!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters