Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

310 in Oliver 77

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4010 puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys I?ve got a 77 needing an engine and found a cheap 310 gas, what?s involved in doing the engine swap?

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son put one in his. Had to make new steering rods. Just used 1/2 black pipe and 1/2" knuckles from a socket set. The water pump is to long. We took it off. Used a electric pump. All the bellhousing stuff will swap. Put a button clutch in. Clutch was a chevy or ford.

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

oil filter issues,but maybe the same as moving steering,- I think.most cut the fan shroud for water pump room

Curt Smith
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can run electric fan on front side to allow room for stock pump. I cut the shaft on pump off for more room. Cores are worthless. Spin on oil filter base is expensive but allow side shield to close. Single wire alternator is small and will fit easily. Most use 88 bell housing etc.

4010 puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What about main shaft from clutch to coupler, does it have to be shortened?

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think so.

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He did use a 88 bell housing and flywheel I think. But coupling worked.

4010 puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Won?t the 77 bellhousing and clutch assembly also work?

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sure it will. He did use a super 77 tub.

Cody
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just sell me the motor.

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cody, A guy like you needs to start with a 426 block. LOL

Abuck
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didnt change any steering rods used same water pump different fan small alternator cut the front of input shaft off drilled new hole in front of it. Everything else fit good. I have done this a few times

4010 puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How much needs cut off of input shaft? If using pto
does it need shortened too?

chucksoliver77
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't cut anything when I put a 310 in my 77, just slid the engine ahead and drilled new holes in the tub and block and bolted it in, also had the water pump shaft shortened, slid the radiator ahead as far as you can, drilled new holes in the radiator shell and bolted it in and the side covers closed with the stock 310 oil filter. The pto and hydraulic worked fine. Just make sure the engine is lined up correctly before you drill.

chucksoliver77
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 310 in Oliver 77 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="chucksoliver77"](reply to post at 22:52:42 01/26/19) [/quote
I also have a radiator that is modified for the 310 with bigger inlet and outlet with a fresh recore that I no longer need, if you are interested email me. Chuck

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters