Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What is part for and what implement is it for

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeretails
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is part is in the inventory I have. The images show it pretty well, couldn't find the number in the master catalogue. There is a bronze bushing with a 3/4" ID, and a place or a grease fitting. Casting Number is 3184.

Thanks-

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the new JD online parts have a "where used" search? I remember the old one did.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the "New JD parts catalog" has a parts number search option. To my knowledge casting numbers weren't shown in old or new version of parts catalog part search unless casting number & parts number were the same which is rare.

I know on the old JD parts system "parts catalog in PDF form" the part numbers didn't show up in "where used search"

deeretails
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tried JD Parts on-line and it's no help.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are we sure it is even a JD part ? any sign of a JD logo cast in it ?

M-MAN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doesn't look like it to me. Should be a prefix letter or logo.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Deeretails" posted a photo of another part a few days ago, and I thought it might not be a DEERE part because of no casting mark and an unusual part number, but I was WRONG, and this may well be a DEERE part, as well.

My though was it's a pivot point for a linkage, such as the clutch and brake linkage under the operator's platform of a combine, or other machine.

Looked at a few older combine parts catalogs with no luck, so far.

I would think it would be in the MPI of the appropriate era???
Other previously unknown DEERE part

Pete in MD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

I don't know if you're referring to hard copy parts catalogs. Casting numbers do show in them. An example is
the rockshaft housing for a Model B, one of several is p/n AB3640R. The description reads: Housing, B2612R,
with Bushing and Oil Seal. B2612R is the casting number on the housing.

deeretails
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Folks, I'm sure this is a Deere part. I'm still digging into it as well, I think it may be a spreader part.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Pete in MD wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:30:37 01/11/19) Jim,

I don't know if you're referring to hard copy parts catalogs. Casting numbers do show in them. An example is
the rockshaft housing for a Model B, one of several is p/n AB3640R. The description reads: Housing, B2612R,
with Bushing and Oil Seal. B2612R is the casting number on the housing.

Pete
I was referring to the "where used search" on JD parts site not the actual parts catalogs. I still remember the lecture I recieved from JD dealer "to be sure to read part descriptions & footnotes before selecting part #s" when I was 1st employed in parts dept at JD dealership back in the 60's.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete
Same "no results found" when inserting casting # on new JD parts site also.
Jim

Pete in MD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

I understand what you're saying.

New question: B2612R shows up in the Master Index, PC-100, as used on Model Bs with two references to page
and key numbers. The page numbers are much higher than the number of pages in the B catalog, PC-330.
What catalog is it referring to?

Pete

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What page #s are you referring to? I see it's listed on pages 78 key 34 & 102 key 20

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OOPS I forgot to upload the page.

Pete in MD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: What is part for and what implement is it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

My Numerical Index PC-100 (6-50) shows B2612R on page 257, key 33 and page 327, key 17.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters