Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Winter storm warning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be putting snow plow on Farmall soon. Calling for 4-7 inches snow. Should I wait for the snow? Haven't had a total of 7 inches of snow in past 5 years.

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would put it on, its just good insurance to get no snow

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd say go ahead and put it on. Would be better to have it on before the temps plummet than to have temps drop and wish you had.

Eric in IL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it has been 5 years since the blade has been mounted, I would have to at least go see if I could find all the mounting hardware.

My stuff has a mysterious way of moving with time.

Buddy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hate the winter, and ALL its weather.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I keep the rear blade on the Oliver 1365 4WD all Winter and hope I don't need it to push snow,looks like I'll use it Sunday.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WE were to be on the north side of that storm but now say it will stay south of US 30 (that's if they know what their talking about).

RBnWA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Geo. put it on. Then it won t snow. Leave it off it will dump snow on ya. Thats my luck. RB

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I put my plow, blade and blower as well as chains and gassed up over two months ago, haven't turned a wheel yet, unusual for Northern Illinois.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RBnWA,
I put the plow on and now we'll see if you are right. I've put it on for 5 years now and no snow.
geo

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As of 2PM CST here in Missouri we have snow falling but the temps is above freezing so it is only sticking to things like the porch rail and such things. Coming down at a pretty good rate but not sticking to the driveway as of yet. Still debating on whether or not to put the snow plow on the big tractor

chuck machinist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Winter storm warning Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gab,

Any chance you hail from the Freeport area? I was born and raised in and around Morrison. Chuck Machinist

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters