Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My employer had a video made

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My employer hired in an outfit to film and edit something along the lines of a sales video to boost business. Here is a version I found. As anyone can tell you, being for sales and explaining it is likely exaggerated in some areas and don't show things they don't want people to know of how the place really runs. I didn't see myself so don't ask, besides I was trying to hide from the cameras as much as I could.
video

Hoofer B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice Video. Looks well run, organized and everyone is happy next to the shores of lake Michigan. Why didn't they interview you Cory?

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting !

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im in one of these videos, if anyone cares to watch them all. It was in the last year or so. Guy says to me, John, show us how Bubble Wrap protects our products in the warehouses.
Here

Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like I said I tried to avoid the cameras. They asked for volunteers, I didn't. If they asked I would of told em I don't want them to use a wide angle shot of my dirty old shoe. I don't like my picture taken let alone a video. Its a job, I come in do what needs to be done, go home and get paid would be all I'd give em anyway.

Bruce(OR)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I spotted a few oops in the presentation but nothing major. The stated failure rate is well within acceptable standards

UncleTom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was interesting to me. Ive brazed and welded a few tubes myself in my day. I usually made things or adapted things.Thanks

coshoo
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was working for Weyerhauser in their tree nursery in about 1970- worst job I ever had- stuffing tree seedlings in a kraft paper bag, rolling down the top and tying string around it. They kept the room at 34 degrees, water spraying around everywhere so you were always wet and cold, and the bags wore all the skin off your finger joints in short order. So when they asked me to wear clean work clothes the next day, I figured something was up, and it had to be better than my regular job, so I was enthusiastic to do it. Turned out they were filming a commercial. I was to be inside the door at the loading dock. When they yelled "action" I was to roll a hand truck out to the truck backed up to the dock, load the last 2 tree bags onto the 2 spaces left on the load, then step to the left and slap the side of the truck twice and wave at the guy as he drove away. They only did two takes, so after about 5 minutes it was back to work. I never did see the commercial.

I only lasted about a week in that job, until I found a job in retail selling sporting goods. Remember Herters, Inc? This was their first (and maybe only) venture out of mail order and into retail, in Olympia, Washington. Boss was a retired Colonel who wasn't much fun, but it was a decent job other than that. The boss, fittingly named Arnold Swett, did sell me a 16 gauge Remington 870 pump shotgun at cost ($64) because he didn't think anyone else would buy it.

WI Dan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks good in the video. I see many similarities to my company, which started in Trivvers too - Hamilton Industries.
We do steel tubing - cut, bend, notch, deburr, weld. I recognize the Eaton Leonard bender.
And a Powder Coat Line in our building. Yours looks cleaner, brighter than ours.

How long have you been at FormRite?
What's the quality control program like (from your perspective)?

Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Failure rate is fairly close. From as numerous times I ran the tester I think maybe 10 pieces failed out of ??????(unknown) parts pushed through

the thing that bugs me the most is 400,000 sq ft (that the company likes to push).that's the entire building we are only using around half. And around two thirds of the rest used by a rigging outfit.

A few more

There was also no mention of other processes we can do, such as beading and other end forming, trim or miter cutting and hole drilling (probably since the machines that do those operations are relics).

Unfortunately, Our on time delivery isn't that close to 100% anymore (from a large turn over in employees over last few months...retirements/quits and new hires(nothing serious)).

Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The building was a Hamilton(or whoever took over) plant. That's why the paint line is so much larger then we really need for parts....it was made to paint Hamilton cabinets. A lot of the brighter lighting was from the production crew(just basic flourecent light other wise).

Quality in my opinion is fairly decent. Gets little loose on things once in a while to keep parts going out on time. If not for pressure from customers we'd let a lot more slide. Usually if a problem is really bad it goes to QC (who are over worked trying to keep up with customer demands for inspections) other wise problems just get pushed down line for someone else to possibly see and bring up.

SteveC1031
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice Products, Where do you buy your raw tube? I ask because I make raw tube in Germany for high pressure applications, 3,000 psi is very easy for us. I am making tube for 40,000 PSI diesel injection.

I'd be happy to look at your tube needs

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

very interesting,,thanks!!

WI Dan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds familiar. Filling orders and getting trucks out the door is the culture too often. When that's the focus of every day, quality seems like a backseat.

I figured there were ties to Hamilton. One of our engineers moved down here from up there. He'd been with Hamilton for 40+ years. That company was huge - even had their own marching band!

Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My employer had a video made Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not in charge of anything, just a shop dog, so I can't get suppliers. Raw Tubes come from Wisconsin Tube and Steel, Allied Tube, and a few others that I can't think of. Fittings (incase one wants to know) mainly are from Anchor or Parker with other machining places mixed in as well.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters