Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Re: John Deere 4450

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONMYEIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just jumping in here , bleeding the system is a waste of time as the system will bleed itself . The reason it turns all the way one way is its loosing trapped oil internally due to worn O-rings and/or cut O-rings during assembly .The steering motor needs rebuilt including the fed-back piston .

jacksun65
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

must be an import to Quebec. don't read french.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Imported to France. They do speak...and understand English in Quebec....Ben

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-centash wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:20:50 08/05/16) Imported to France. They do speak...and understand English in Quebec....Ben

Only when it's to their advantage. How there is a double standard banning English signs in Quebec and no law banning french signs in the rest of Canada is a mystery.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the seat accumulator is bad the seat will be hard as a board to ride..no cushion at all...If you buy a new one they come with out charge,,and if your's is empty you may as well buy a new one, they won't hold a charge,,like a slow leak in a tire..

4450deere
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Tim

Ok thanks a lot for your answer. So I think the one from the seat is good. Smile

Stefan

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are pricey too,,, the one on the transmission cushions the shift a bit,,a little harder to tell if it's bad.. they carry 90psi of compressed nitrogen in both of them..

travis miranowski
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have used A&I accumulators with good results. IIRC they are $200 compared to Deere at $400. You will not here me say much good about A&I parts but These are half price and look identical.

4450deere
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello
I am now ready to work with my 4450 and already done some work with it Smile
There are some small leaks on the front axle, that need to be repared.

And my question for the forum is, I am looking forward to repair the air condition. Now I found the specs http://www.apairinc.com/shopping/?model=10829 to fill up the system with R134a (already used in my 4450).
Does anyone have an idea if this amount of "coolant" is right? I also need them in kg so it should be about 1.47kg R134a.

Thanks for every help and as always excuse my moderate english, I hope its understandable Wink

Stefan

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put 5 cans in them...

4450deere
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Tim

Thanks for your Answer!
I can't do it by myself, so I don't know how much that one can is? Do you know it maybe in kilogramm?

Thanks
Stefan

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Small can of 134A contains 12 oz's so 5 cans has 60 oz's X 28.3495=1700.97 grams

4450deere
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Tx Jim

Thank you for your information. I hope I can get the A/C back to work ... Wink

Stefan

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You're welcome
Be sure AC system gets a good evacuation to remove air & moisture.

4450deere
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 4450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello

Today my 4450 is in the "ac- shop" to get the aircondition back to work Wink

But since the last silage work, the mfwd doesn't work correct. I am not able to turn the mfwd off.

What I tried to fix it is:
- Voltage check on the solenoid - ok
- Solenoid check for correct work (with a magnetic tester) - ok
- Valve test dissasembled - ok

So I think the valve works correct when it is expanded. But I am still not able to turn off the mfwd...?

Does anyone have an idea what I can check as next or did I forget something?

thanks in advance Cool

Stefan

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters