Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Picked up my next project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A new Holland D1000 baler

morgan in ar
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't wait to see it making hay. Will a 4020'spin it?

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Something very wrong with those pictures!
How much snow do you have?
We have 1inch and my car is all white from the $am salt the jerks pound down on our roads! The roads themselves are white, just goes to show you, what a joke NY or NP is, new pork,. Lol

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes they pull em with 70 horsepower I might dual up the 3020 and pull it with it

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where the baler was only about 4 inches but up home we?ve got about about 14 inches . They like to use liquid salt around here to but not much

morgan in ar
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! My 3010 won't hardly pull my round baler.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay, we have 3" of fresh snow here. you just need to look 30 miles west for real winter weather.
Loren

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My point was how much salt these jerks put down when we have a dusting, they plow and salt 3-4 times, and how it rots out our trucks and cars. But we get 8" and there no were around?? It's a joke, I don't see a spot of rust on his truck?
By the way is that Stihl dealer Winnie out your way any good???

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I might dual up the 3020 and pull it with it"

Forgive my ignorance SV, but why would you need duals?
Haying season was always dry season here.

GarryinNC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What size and weight bale does it make?

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse everyone runs duals pulling big balers for
more weight to help control the baler a little better .
A hesston 4910 will shove around a 30,000 pound
tractor when you get on hills and a bale is in the
wrong place in the chute

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation SV.
I'm a flat lander and we baled "idiot cubes".
I was thinking more of pulling rather than being pushed.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2x3 . Fiat dealer told me that when they sold the
hesston 3x3 rebaged hesston then would require 80
hp but they always recommend 90

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So not a big square baler? We have these 6x3 big square bales, with 4 twine, I hate them for horses, we also got some bales from our west, probably made by what you just bought, they are probably 2x3 with 3 twine, I never seen them before, guys on here said they might be from a freeman baler, I have a Deere small square 2 twine baler, that all I ever used. Now my boss wants to buy a round baler, I told her I don't know anything about them?

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Picked up my next project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay round bales kinda suck for feeding in a mainger buy hand but if you stand them on end you can unwind em pretty good

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters