Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Oliver 66 followed me home

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brianjbell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Oliver 66 followed me home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I inquired about an Oliver 60 the other day thinking that's what I was going to look at. Ends up it was a 66 with cultivator frame on it. Runs and drives. PTO doesn't work, I can only get into high range in reverse at the moment and the manual lift isn't working quite right. Missing grill and and side panels. Paid 400 bucks for it. I know I didn't get hurt, but wondering what it's really worth.

Olliejunkie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 66 followed me home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brianjbell wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:18:07 01/13/19) So I inquired about an Oliver 60 the other day thinking that's what I was going to look at. Ends up it was a 66 with cultivator frame on it. Runs and drives. PTO doesn't work, I can only get into high range in reverse at the moment and the manual lift isn't working quite right. Missing grill and and side panels. Paid 400 bucks for it. I know I didn't get hurt, but wondering what it's really worth.

That's a cute one but I'm a sucker for crusty tractors. Probably worth 5-700
Out here.

scootergmc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 66 followed me home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it runs, drives and everything works with decent tires, I'd say $750ish is fair. In the condition you describe, IMO, you paid about what it's worth. If the tires were junk, then scrap price.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 66 followed me home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty decent tractor really,Just the front end will bring $300-$400 to a tractor puller to put on a larger model,motor that runs good with bell housing etc at least $500,more if you want to piece it all out.
Then you have the fenders,PTO parts,wheels,tires look pretty good to me.Would part out for $1000 pretty easy 66 parts are lot harder to find than 77 and 88.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 66 followed me home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds about right. I gave $600 for mine. Back tires were real good,but the rest was a rust bucket. Hood was caved in from a tree falling on it and the engine was stuck due to a bent rod. It's healed up quite nicely now though.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 66 followed me home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just called about a 66 with a wide front on CL,looks about like yours,hydraulics,not running for $1500 already sold.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters