Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

J.I. Case Model #134/BGD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone hear or are familiar with this model made in England? One is for sale here but I cannot find any specs on it. Maybe there is a similar model #? It is a diesel. Thanks for all replies.

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have a like to the ad?

fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/grd/6786868278.html

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a run of the mill, late model 1394. I have no idea on the "BGD" designation. Good tractors, readily available parts, very nimble, easy on fuel. Built by David brown in England. I have two 1394s here that get used regularly.

The the 1394 is the pinnacle of the DB 990 family that started production in 1960. 990/995/1390/1394 Case shut David Brown down in 1988, the last 1394 rolled out of Meltham in 1987.

fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also note that the front grille and headlight assembly is dismantled in the ad pics. Thanks again for all replies.

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-fairrunpa wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:54:40 01/14/19) Also note that the front grille and headlight assembly is dismantled in the ad pics. Thanks again for all replies.

If cosmetics are important to you, you should know that that front fiberglass isn't available from Case, or anywhere as far as I know... Last retail(years ago) from Case was $700 for just the one piece. I have made some from folded and welded steel that most "Case" guys wouldn't notice.

fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RGM thank you for the response I appreciate it. The owner has the front pieces. But I will check that all of them are there. He said when he uses it daily he adds a quart of oil in a week. Thanks for all replies!

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The oil is most likely a leak, rather than burning it. Brit built stuff tends to leak, and deosn't get better with age. Their electrical stuff can be sketchy too, Lucas...

If it starts good when cold(no ether), and everything seems to work it looks like a good deal.

fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The sides by the engine are a bit oily, The tires are 16.9x30 on the back and 7.5 x 16 on the front. The owner told me he had new rims and rubber put on the back replacing the turf tires. Again I appreciate all replies. p.s. looks like a CAT2 3 point hitch

db4600
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RG I can?t resist:
Why don?t the Brits build computers? -They haven?t figured out
have to make them leak oil.

Why do the Brits drink warm beer? -Because Lucas makes
refrigerators.

fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is maintenance such as changing the motor oil and oil filters easy enough? I am mechanically adept. I will look online for a manual maintenance and operation. Thyanks again.

fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I contacted a local Case dealer. I am told that it is similar to a 1394 as you advised. Also the grille is about $300+ in the aftermarket. Thanks for your input. I will keep updated.

fairrunpa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay! I am buying it. Owner was good with payments and I should take possession in mid to late March. I am a bit concerned. The battery tested 11.94 on the meter when the engine was idling on high. I thought that the volts would be 13 - 14 on a revved engine.

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: J.I. Case Model #134/BGD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-fairrunpa wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:25:17 01/18/19) I am told that it is similar to a 1394 as you advised.

Dealer is ignorant or DBs. it is a 1394, there is no such thing as a Case-DB 134.

The alternator should make between 13-15 volts if the engine is over 1000 RPMs. Could be as simple as a bad light bulb, or could be bad wiring, bad switch, or bad alternator.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters