Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Montezuma tool boxes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Montezuma tool boxes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am wanting to get a XL450 B
I know they are nice boxes but I am worried that I can't get enough tools in it that don't have a slot or peg ect.
And will still need another box of some kind to hold larger tools. Any thoughts ?

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Montezuma tool boxes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have combination wrenches to from 1/4 to 2 inch if will hold two sets each up to 1 3/8 the smaller sizes it will hold 3 sets . Then metric from 6 to 32 again two sets of of larger wrenches . Then I have sockets from the smallest 1/4 inch drive to 1/2 inch up to i1 1/2 Allen sockets to 7/8 and metric to 22 mm 5 or 6 different sizes of ratchets. Extension bars a 3/8 metric socket set in a plastic case metric 3/8 in a case both 1/4 in drive sets in cases crows feet 3/8 to 2 inch snap ring pliers set in case nut drivers in a case 6 8 10 and 14 inch crescent wrenches ball pien hammer sledge hammer dead blow hammer . Crows feet 3/8 to 2 inch and several pry bars . That?s in a John Deere 36 triangle box

TBA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Montezuma tool boxes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well that's a lot. I have some square tube I want to bolt to the bottom of the box before I bolt it to my flat bed so I can take it off with a forklift if needed.

newhollandnut
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Montezuma tool boxes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My cousin bought one and filled it. Carried it around all fall in the back of his truck or on the utvs depending on where we were and we made every repair that we needed on the combine and grain carts that we needed out of it. The only thing I seen needing an extra box for was cordless impact guns. But I think a lot of it is loading it with what tools you need for certain jobs depending on what time of year it is. If you?re wanting to dedicate something to full time every repair you would ever need I?d look for a cheap truck with a utility bed

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Montezuma tool boxes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That?s a good idea mine are bolted down and stay with the truck but In a regular bed truck the forklift would be handy because they are heavy when loaded

T in NE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Montezuma tool boxes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know if Menards carries the portables, but they do have the roll chests with their masterforce brand for much less money.

Pitalplace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Montezuma tool boxes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just seen the triangle boxes at our Menards. I have had one on my pickup for 10-15 yrs and love it.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters