Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

8700 AC compressor, thanks matt from Oz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred Werring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: 8700 AC compressor, thanks matt from Oz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had posted a year and a half ago about belts coming off the ac compressor on my 8700.

matt from Oz said he added a plate to the front of the compressor bracket with a couple bolt holes so he could pull the compressor tight.

Looks like it's going to work well.

Fred

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 8700 AC compressor, thanks matt from Oz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The factory shipped those tractors with a single carriage bolt in one of those holes, and the owner's manual showed a claw hammer being used with the bolt to pull it tight. That's how I always did it anyways.

Matt from Oz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: 8700 AC compressor, thanks matt from Oz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Fred

Neat job, like the paint too! It worked well on the old 7700 when I had it, good thing was you can use the nuts to square up the belt on the pulleys. Glad I could help as you guys certainly have helped me over the years.

Regards

Matt

Fred Werring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: 8700 AC compressor, thanks matt from Oz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"The factory shipped those tractors with a single carriage bolt in one of those holes, and the owner's manual showed a claw hammer being used with the bolt to pull it tight. That's how I always did it anyways. "

Yeah Bern, but I had to take the compressor off anyway, and this works pretty well. This makes it easier to keep the compressor squared and tight as you tighten the mounting bolts.

Reason I took the compressor off was to replace the bottom mounting bolts with studs (just 3/8 all thread) and nuts as I was loosing refrigerant and oil from one bolt hole when I would loosen the bolts to adjust the compressor belt. Smeared the threads with permatex #2 before assembly, hopefully will take care of it.

Fred Werring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: 8700 AC compressor, thanks matt from Oz Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah Matt, when a something gets fabbed up it usually gets some paint on it.

Between that and the toolbox mounted on that side, makes the rest of the tractor look bad though.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters