Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

simplicity vs john deere

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a short time ago I had a fella tell me a simplicity garden tractor will do a better job of mowing than a JD. size of machines was not mentioned nor was zero turn units.

what gives ?

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess you need to ask that fella what he meant.

steve_in_mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did he have a Simplicity machine for sale, perhaps?

kencombs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most Simplicity decks don't hang from the tractor but instead are pulled my the tractor and ride on the ground. The JD, (and most others) hanging from the deck will 'dip' and scalp when a wheel hits a low spot. The Simp will follow the ground under the deck. Small difference, but if one wants a carpet cut, the ground following deck will provide it.

case and Ingersoll are also ground supported, and that's why I have some.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks.

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably because some or maybe?? all their decks have the roller across the back that makes the lawn look as smooth as a table top.

Lance Skene
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Simplicity have always been known for leaving a nice finished cut, the decks follow the ground well and they are deep with good airflow.... a good design that works well.

Simplicity also builds Allis Chalmers, Deutz Allis and AGCO Allis.

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just want to add:

That roller in the back of the Simplicity deck is also a dandy thing to grade your driveway with. Just drive one across a patch of loose gravel and you'll know what I mean.

oldsarge
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We all know that anything is better than a Cadet anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Married2Allis
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Husqvarna does a very nice job too. The deck is taller and also has air flow
baffles underneath. Machine is built by AYP products. They offer a fabricated
deck that is even heavier and works even better. You want a machine, look at
the latest simplicity model. Start price is only $4000.oo.

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree JD does not mow very well. I have a 430,455,F932 & a 332 all JD. I have had a 12,14 ,16,18,20, and a 25hp Simplicity. The jd were cheap but the orange ones were better mowers

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Far as zero turn mowers go, I have a Skag diesel now that mows MUCH better than the Simplicity zero turn I traded in..

DR. EVIL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you have NEVER been around one to make a stupid comment like that. I have a 1965, 1968, 1980, and 2014 zero turn Cub Cadets. I had 3 coworkers all buy new Simplicity lawn tractors years ago. None lasted over 4 years. I ran my '68 more hours in one year than ALL 3 Simplicities ran combined in four years.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: simplicity vs john deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-DR. EVIL wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:45:24 02/09/19) you have NEVER been around one to make a stupid comment like that. I have a 1965, 1968, 1980, and 2014 zero turn Cub Cadets. I had 3 coworkers all buy new Simplicity lawn tractors years ago. None lasted over 4 years. I ran my '68 more hours in one year than ALL 3 Simplicities ran combined in four years.

It depends on the Cub cadet and the Simplicity. Cub Cadet made some real cheap tractors, I own one. They also made some real good ones. Simplicity made the same, good and cheap. The older Cub Cadets and older Simplicitys were a different animal than what we get today unless you pend thousands and thousands.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters