Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred Werring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thinking of buying one...could be awful handy on car dashes and whatnot.

For occasional home mechanic use...any real reason I should spring for the Fuel version?
It's about $50 more than the regular.

And how about your luck with knockoff M12 batteries for a spare?

Thanks

RusselAZ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stay with the real milwaukee batteries. They don't cost excessively and seem to last forever. Get the 1/4 in drive ratchet first. They cost a bit more than the 3/8ths but you will find they do so much. You can get up to 9/16 sockets for them. Don't know that I've ever seen the 1/4 inch in a store but I love mine. Maybe someday I'll get a 3/8ths cause they are sure handy.

Sprint 6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would stick with the Fuel. I don't have any M12, but use an M18 high torque 1/2 and 3/8 impacts professionaly. My XC 5.0 battery goes a week and a half on my 1/2, and the 2.0 goes a week in my 3/8.

M-MAN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the fuel's are worth the cost. More power and longer battery life. No experience with aftermarket batteries.

MikeJM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the fuel 3/8 ratchet, love it for those hard to reach places and it has a decent set. I would stick with Milwaukee battery’s. I also have the stubby 3/8” fuel 12v impact gun which is very impressive for its size. Everything I have I use in my home shop which is borderline professional use.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Milwaukee battery's last longer than I do Sad

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we have one and I really like using it !! its got lots of power . smaller lug nuts and bolts come right off and bigger ones that are not stuck .stay with Milwaukee batteries. if it needs more power I get its big brother out.

Fred Werring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wound up buying the 3/8 Fuel version, it claims about another 20 ft.lbs. of torque than the non-fuel version. Never know when you'll need more power.

Put together my own kit: new ratchet from ebay for $120 delivered, new milwaukee battery charger from ebay for $18, delivered.

Did go cheap on the batteries, pack of 2 2.5AH(claimed) knockoff batteries for $26 from Amazon...I have prime, so shipping didn't cost extra. And Amazon is real good about returns if needed.

So the "kit' got put together for $164...I'm happy. And I've got the batteries and charger if I "need" any more M12 powered tools.

Be Good

T in NE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Milwaukee cordless 3/8 ratchet Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The fuel models are brushless. More efficient and longer lasting.

Milwaukee's warranty program is pretty good, get on the website, print out the ticket and shipping label, mail it in. The batteries even carry a couple year warranty.

Look up Jersey discount tool company.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters