Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218*

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Den N Ms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lance,You might think about setting the front wheels/axle in a notch or two if Wynn is goimg to use it inside the barn for more stall clearence.Also raise the 3 point hitch above the trailer frane so it would not catch the frame if the PTO didn't acidently get turned on and the control was in the raised position.Looks GREAT good job.

Lance-W
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Den N Ms wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:05:44 05/04/19) Lance,You might think about setting the front wheels/axle in a notch or two if Wynn is going to use it inside the barn for more stall clearance.Also raise the 3 point hitch above the trailer frane so it would not catch the frame if the PTO didn't acidently get turned on and the control was in the raised position.Looks GREAT good job.

Yup we had a conversation this morning about the three point and it fouling on the trailer tongue. I figured we could just take the stabilizer bars off and the draw bar out but your idea of simply moving it above the tongue would work just as well then when you want to use the 3 bar you don't have to find all the stuff that you took off.

Yup, I think Hobo mentioned the width of the front end before. I think at this point I'm gonna leave it where it is and see if it causes problems. Wide like this it makes it a bit more stable and the "barn aisles" are actually outside adjacent to the stalls where there is a two rail fence and a planter creating "the aisle" so there's a bit more room than if you were driving it down the middle of a barn.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before I made a 3 point trailer hitch I put a trailer ball in the 11 hole draw bar and made a Ho-made draw bar lock to keep the drawbar from turing. I never use stays to keep the 3 point from going up never had a issue BUT was aware of the possibility...

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1123642&highlight=slide

Go EZ on me YTDOT Laughing YMMV

Lance-W
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:11:49 05/04/19)
Before I made a 3 point trailer hitch I put a trailer ball in the 11 hole draw bar and made a Ho-made draw bar lock to keep the drawbar from turing. I never use stays to keep the 3 point from going up never had a issue BUT was aware of the possibility...

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1123642&highlight=slide

Go EZ on me YTDOT Laughing YMMV

Very nice and VERY simple Very Happy

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No lazy and cheap... But not so lazy and cheap to pick up scrap others throw away...

Lance-W
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:25:00 05/04/19)
No lazy and cheap... But not so lazy and cheap to pick up scrap others throw away...

Lazy, cheap, elegant and simple is a great combination Very Happy

wpmiller9887
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Spray paint it red!

Lance-W
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:25:00 05/04/19)

Thank You Hobo !!!

Lance-W
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The wood sides and floor are drying as I type Smile

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LW don't fudge around dose he... That's nice you must have a machine shop in your garage...

Lance-W
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lastcowboy32 wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:23:51 05/04/19) That is a fantastic.

I like the oil pressure switch idea. I'm rigging my 2N with lights (definitely not original...) and the oil pressure-triggered buzzer sounds like a great idea; as long as I'm messing with the wiring.

I really appreciate all of the details.

I hope that your wife has many enjoyable years using this tractor!

So the story on the oil pressure switch buzzer. It's really very simple.

I used one of these from epay for the buzzer

And one of these from Rock Auto. This you could probably buy anywhere it just needs to have a set of normally closed (un-pressurized) contacts

Then you simply wire it up from ground on one side of the buzzer through the pressure switch to positive. The buzzer is polarity sensitive ( Rolling Eyes I couldn't for the life of me figure out why that simple circuit didn't work till the the light in my pea brain went on and I thought about polarity) and the fittings are 1/4" tube with a 1/8" pipe for the sensor. Those I scrounged so I don't have a source to point you to but I'm sure McMaster-Carr would have what you need.

Lance-W
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My first 8N 1951 SN# *8N356218* Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whelp! It went to work today. Feels like a kid going to their first day of school.............

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters