Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,

I was looking for help with this plows (I think it's a plow) identity. I have been perusing the forums and best I can tell, it is an IHC? If the forum has a space a person can enter the PO numbers, well I missed it. I know nothing about old farm implements so any info would be of great help and much appreciated, ex. age, name, model, value. Thank you in advance for taking a look at the pictures.

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have pictures of the PO numbers but I am having trouble getting them to load, so I will just list them here....

PO1543
PO13635

Thank you....

Mark-Ia
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might want to post this on the Farmall board. You've got an early 2 way plow.

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup its a dang early, Perhaps P&O plow before IHC bought them out. It is a tractor plow and it
looks to be missing the front hitch. These were mostly used on hillsides so as to throw the furrow
up hill, figuring that in the course of the year the dirt would seep back down to hopefully only
where it had started from.

WESnIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks like a McCormick #37 plow. That was International Harvester's first two way plow, followed by the #38 and then the #39. Per my information the #37
came out in 1929. The setting up instructions and owner's manual references measurements and adjustment for the McCormick-Deering 10-20 tractor. Here is a
picture of one. Hopefully I can get it to load. More pictures available.

300guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like what I think was called a potato digger. My Dad had one like that and that is what he called it and used it for. Otherwise I do not know for sure. Just what I remember as a kid.

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am going to try to post the picture with the emblem on it.. maybe this will help us to know more about who made it and it's date of birth. Someone mentioned above about posting it in the Farmall board, but I will have to figure out how to cross post. If it helps, it is located in Wyoming. I am thinking (I know, dangerous right??) whoever mentioned it being a furrow plow, throwing dirt uphill, would be close to right. The ranch was used as a sheep farm many many moons ago. There are no trees, just beautiful rolling hills for miles and miles. They would move the sheep from the upper ranch to the lower ranch (where my plow is located) every year.

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WESnIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PO 1543 is a part number from a McCormick-Deering/IH #37 two way plow. It is a piece that is at the top of the arched shaft near the top of the plow. It is the
larger piece that is on the bottom of the shaft and fastened to the shaft with part number PO1544. There are two of each on the plow, one for the right hand
bottom and one for the left hand bottom. Unfortunately I cannot find it in the parts book. This would be a vintage 1927 to mid 1940's plow where the parts
books did not show a schematic parts breakdown like newer models. Hopefully the pictures will attach and they will help.

wyandtxlady
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Identification of plow bestowed upon me recently Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the information, details, and for taking the time to post the photos... truly beautiful. I had no idea the plow was that old being it is still so solid. I will probably bring it back down to Texas in the spring, after opening the Lodge for summer. It has lived in the spot where I took the picture of it for 30 or more years, so I am told. I know nothing about restoring farm equipment but I don't want it to sit there and be torn up by the cows scratching against it etc...

Thanks to everyone for looking at the pictures and giving the info they had on it. I 'preciate ya :)

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters