Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My 400 runs!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stopped by the salvage yard after work and got a plug for the oil pan so I was able to fill everything and start the 301 motor. Seems to run good. Had a miss to start, I think a valve was sticking, but she cleaned up and runs good now. Still need to do some work, the throttle linkage doesn't work right and I have a few leaks, but it looks like it will be a good tractor now.
Video

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The purr of that tractor is such a familiar sound. I admire your ability to resurrect old tractors and equipment, back to working conditions. Then not just dragging them off to a show, but taking them to the field, and putting them back to work. That is going to be a handy tractor

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is great.
Loren

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds really good. Looking forward to some video of it working the fields again. Does the combine engine have more HP or RPM's than an 830 tractor engine? Don

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

More rpms, which I would think would give it more hp too. Maybe someone knows the hp rating for combines.

2510Paul
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice job. It sounds nice Jon. That has to feel good, great accomplishment. Paul

VAC400
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon, sounds great.
Will you run it for awhile or put it on a dyno? I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE IT IN THE FIELDS WORKING. Jerry from Ohio

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounded good to me, bet it will be nice to have a extra one in the herd. What will this one do

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going to pull the planter this spring and likely the baler this summer.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have a dyno, so that won't happen. Wish I had one tho.

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't you have a "77" PT years back? What happen to it?

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: My 400 runs! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still have it, just didn't get it moved yet. Hoping to use it on some oats this fall. I may use the 400 for that.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters