Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

LA Bearing Noise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerald Wyssman

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: LA Bearing Noise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have bearing noise in my '49 LA. It only makes the noise when the clutch is locked in (engaged). I can push the hand clutch in (driving the tractor) without locking the clutch in and I don't hear the bearing noise. It's just when I push the clutch in to lock it in. It does it at any speed. Some advice says it is the belt pully shaft, others say it's the throw-out bearing. I thought throw-out bearings made their noise when the clutch was disengaged rather than engaged. What's my problem here?

Walt Davies

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: LA Bearing Noise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

According my parts book there is no throw out bearing on the LA. It has a Collar, Cone and yoke to engage the clutch. You may have it adjusted to tight try backing off on the adjusting collar a few notches.
There is a bearing on the Clutch shaft that could be bad.
Walt

Jerald Wyssman

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: LA Bearing Noise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I'll loosen the clutch a little. It is extremelly tight, feels like your going to break something when you lock it in. That's the way my grand-dad had it before I got the tractor from his estate.

Walt Davies

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: LA Bearing Noise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It should be just enough to snap over over and then test the system by hold the tractor and seeing if it will spin the wheels. If not then move it up one notch at a time until it does.
Walt

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters