Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John deere 302a backhoe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomtom81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: John deere 302a backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a john deere 302-A backhoe and I'm getting fuel in the oil. I rebuilt the injector pump a few months ago and it runs good but just noticed this. Any ideas of what it could be?

Keith True
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: John deere 302a backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you pulled the pump did you take the nut off the front of the gear and knock out the shaft,or did you just slide the pump backwards off the shaft and left the shaft in place in the gear.If you just slid it back off the shaft I would say you rolled the cup seal on the shaft over backwards.VERY easy to do.You could have an unrelated problem,the transfer pump might have gone bad,they will dump fuel in the engine.When I hear the injection pump has been off and it leaks fuel after I tend to look that way first.

Tomtom81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: John deere 302a backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did just pull the pump off of the shaft. So it could be the two seals I have new ones but forgot to put them on. As for the transfer pump I blocked it off and I'm running a electric pump. Could that be problem. It's for a carb engine so I figured that it would be fine. I had a fuel problem and put it on but the old pump still works and is on the engine I just bypassed it.

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: John deere 302a backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No you just admitted your problem, not putting on the new cup seals, Old ones were dry and you rolled them. Time to pull the pump again.

Tomtom81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: John deere 302a backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually the old ones were soft but I could have rolled them.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: John deere 302a backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a good chance the pump needs a new brass pilot tube installed too. Probably ninety per cent of the pumps I repair need the new tube, especially if the seals have worn deep grooves inside the tube..

Tomtom81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: John deere 302a backhoe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What parts will interchange from a john deere tractor to my 302-A. Like the hood and other things. I know some JD tractors looks the same far as sheet metal parts and reverser parts. I'm just wondering what models will.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters